Yoga

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by granola acres mayor, Nov 30, 2012.

1. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

Im looking for a local place to take Yoga classes. I have never done this before, But I am willing to learn and need to do something before I fall apart, any one know of any local classes being held?
    thanks in advance,
    GAM

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There is a place in Clayton,can't think of the name just now. There was a sign by the NC 210 Foodlion shopping center that said "Yogaspace" I've been wondering if they ever opened or not.

3. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Yes, that yoga business is open. I take jujitsu there and I know that the yoga classes are going full swing.

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

"Yogaspace" - anyone have more info? First hand info?

5. AnnetteL

I'd like to know too,about the one at NC 210,anyone got a phone #? Thanks!

6. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I know they have brochures you can pick up in a holder suction cupped to the door outside if you want to know prices, times, etc....

919-520-2002
    They have a page on Facebook too. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. AnnetteL

Thanks!!
    I just searched for Yogaspace on facebook but couldn't come up with one for that location.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  8. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

truly caring place

http://www.purnayogaeast.com/

This studio is in downtown Clayton and has multiple new student classes each week. The owner is also a licensed massage therapist - it's truly a lovely space! PM if you have any questions!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If you find somewhere call me, I would to get into yoga too with you. I think someone told me the place beside Dance Art had classes but haven't checked into it.

10. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Kaci, give the studio in Clayton a try. They even have a new student special that is open for unlimited classes for a month.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think the Clayton Community Center has also offered classes on their calendar, might want to check their website.

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

it is listed on the Fitness for Women schedule/board - but I think it's actually held in a room over in DanceArt - so I guess either place could give you more info. www.ladiesfitnessgym.com/contact/

13. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

I don't have any specific information, but last year we were looking for a place for yoga since our instructor in Raleigh moved away and I did find a studio in Smithfield on 3rd. We haven't gone though. It's hard to get started again with someone new.

14. AnnetteL

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Article in Clayton News today. Check it out.