C3..you couldn't post a notice??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Josephine between Jordan Ridge and CSR is closed off for some kind of C3 event. Have seen ZERO notice about it. Folks coming down Josephine to go to the dump on Barber Mill or going down to CSR from points along Josephine have to turn back and go a different route.

Nice going, C3. Keep working on maintaining that love 'em / hate 'em public relationship thing you've got going on. :banghead:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Went to the Christmas Tree Lighting in Clayton the other night, stopped by the Info booth and was surprised to see that C3 was one of the sponsors (along with local Clayton businesses) of the event.

No other news to report (ie: nobody jumped out at me trying to shove a bag of junk in my hands like usual lol)

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

and if we don't check their website on a regular basis.....

5. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't see why they can't hold the 5 K somewhere else...like, their parking lot! It certainly is big enough a few laps would do the trick. and then there'd be no interruption to traffic.

6. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

7. Hatteras6

Exactly...not all of us have bought into the cult...er uh..church.

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Need a that LIKE Button over here....

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

10. Hatteras6

And just where would the public, some of whom don't access this website or that of C3 and who use Josephine Rd ( paid for by their taxes, church pays zero) find out that their ability to use Josephine was curtailed because of a C3 event?

Seriously. Seems to me that they act like they own the area.

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought you meant a notice on here. You're right - a public notice of some kind should have been posted. Guess they were too busy drinking Kool-Aid to bother.

12. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Every resident along the race route was notified of the road closure a week prior to the event. NCDOT approved the road closure which is why we utilized Josephine road for a total an hour and a half

13. Hatteras6

Every resident? By what means? I was not. As pointed out earlier, it's not as if C3 doesn't have enough of a footprint on its perimeter to utilize.

14. jcongdon1

jcongdon1 Active Member

Roads are routinely shut down for road races all over the area. Do you think everybody reads this forum Hatteras? Dumpy little Josephine road shouldn't be a big deal. They shut down Hillsboro street several times a year in Raleigh.

So you may have to take a detour. Get over it. Sounds like a whole lot of hating going on for nothing.

And no I am not a member of C3.

15. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

Seems to me you did what was appropriate. I don't expect to get a flyer in my mailbox every time there is going to be a road detour. If it went through the proper avenues with NCDOT and residents on those roads were notified seems adequate to me. But then again, folks are going to complain just because they don't like or have something against your church, which is something you aren't going to change no matter how hard you try. Sounds like you've done all the explaining you need to.

For what it's worth, I don't go to that church. I simply have much bigger things to worry about than publicly complaining about how a church fundraiser made me have to drive a few minutes out of the way :rolleyes:

16. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Seriously?

Hatteras6 - exactly how was your day so inconvenienced that a church could not raise monies to fund mission trips to Haiti? And if you going to use a hateful word like cult, you certainly should explain yourself if you are going use it.

yes, i am a member and have been for 7 years, i was saved there, my dad was saved there and my wife and my dad were all baptized there and it has been a part in turning my life around focusing on serving others as it had done for many, many, many other people who live in the clayton and surrounding communities. not a perfect church but I don't think it is fair to call it a cult either, so you should not call it one unless you have something to base it on which you don't as I am sure you have not been there.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

that's right,, you tell him

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I work out of a house on Josephine, there was no notice given that i am aware of. Perhaps a sign posted on either end before hand?

Be that as it may, folks might have felt more charitable about it had the little run been for a local charity rather than another one out of the US. Aren't there enough needy people in this area?

I will freely admit I've never attended, but having personally known several folks who used to and left, who don't know each other, not a place I'm interested in visiting.

I'll make my Kool Aid at home, thanks.

19. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

I got a postcard in the mail about the event.

Josephine-isn't that the road with the dump that burned and old trailers along the way? with the stinky pump station and such??

Too bad the fundraiser was for some other country

Not taking sides

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

All that but they can't help the widowed lady across the street, or rather they wont because her adult child in mentally ill. Great..................................................................................:beathorse: