indoor grill?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Dec 9, 2012.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Do indoor grills really give the food the same flavor as if it was cooked outdoors? Does anyone have one that they think is good? I just have trouble getting outside to use the big grill, I was just wondering if any of the indoor one work. THanks!

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We use the Ronco Set It and Forget It. Seriously. On our 5th rotisserie oven from them over the last 20 years. And we use it often. Not real expensive as you can look on ebay for them. Some folks get them as gifts, say a bridal gift, for example, don;t realize what it can really do, and put them on ebay for 25 bucks.

So many advantages. Better food taste IMO, less mess, less use of electricity.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I recently bought a cast iron grill pan. LOVE it. LOVE.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I cooked some great steak tips on my Pampered Chef grill pan last night. The key is a good hot pan to get a good sear and grill marks on the outside, then turn it down to finish cooking. We also use out George Foreman G4 with the interchangeable plates a good bit too. Its good for burgers, hot dogs, brats, boneless chicken and pork. I have a huge outside grill that cooks propane and charcoal, I just don't always feel like fussing with it.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Pepp, I bought this one at Amazon: Sanyo HPS-SG3 200-Square-Inch Electric Indoor Barbeque Grill, Black. We really like it...the only negative is I don't have much storage space and it's a fairly large. Gives a GREAT set of grill marks though!! The best part...I paid nothing for it because I used my Amazon giftcards earned from SwagBucks!! Woot!

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Grill marks, yes. Flavor, meh...

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Unless you are smoking a peice of meat you can acheive the exact same flavor cooking inside as you can cooking outside on a grill.

8. peaches

I don't agree, but to your point, I nearly always put some soaked hickory chips in the bottom of the grill, even just for burgers.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's where I'm a bit different, I don't cook any meat without some form of seasoning. Everything has either been dry rubbed or marinated in some shapre or form before being "grilled" either indoors or out.

10. peaches

That makes sense then. I don't usually use anything but s & p, maybe some fresh rosemary for steak. We love the flavor of a good steak cooked over a wood fire. Gonna have to get one for tonight after all this talk!

11. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I love mine, but if you get too much oil/fat on it you can set off the smoke alarms. (Don't have a great kitchen fan exhaust.)

I sear mine on the grill for a little while and then put it in the oven. Saves a lot of trips outside to keep checking on the meat.