Handmade soaps??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Dec 12, 2012.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Looking for a local place that makes/sells handmade soaps. Especially looking for the round cakes, but bars will work also. I made soap dishes like the ones that are sold @ Ander's at the farmer's market, but some of them are too small to fit that soap. Thanks!!

2. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

the unique boutique, off hwy 42 ( i think it on Anna Dr or something like that). They have a vendor that makes soaps and lotions. Its called Country Girl Soap. I know she does bars, lotions, body butters and things like that, not sure about round soaps.

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

This past weekend we saw handmade soaps (round ones) out at the Farmers Market...made with jojoba oil. They are in the main building behind the open air market there.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

5. HidesinOBX

Speaking of the Unique Boutique, this is a really nice set up there. She has craft/artist vendors who display their creations all in one spot. I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done there last week. They had a some really creative and unusual gift items there at great prices. Check em out! They even gave me a flyer with coupons on it, and I got 20% off on my purchase.

6. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Yes I love that place and the lady is so friendly and helpful. Great place to get Christmas shopping done.

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Looked them up and found their Facebook page...looks like some very interesting things. My friend and I are going to check it out tomorrow!

8. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks...looked at the website and didn't see any round soaps but I will contact her and ask. The bars may work for the larger soap dishes I made...the scents she has sound wonderful!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I do not find the Unique Boutique FB page....not the local place on 42...how did you look it up?

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

11. HidesinOBX

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this isn't the place I was thinking of....but I like. :mrgreen:

what's the name of the place on 42, on the Riccobene side facing Peddler's Village, I thought that was called the Unique Boutique....on the end, down there by the weight watchers place???

13. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

Great Gifts

I am one of the vendors at Unique Boutiques and Marketplace. We have 40+ vendors with gifts for everyone on your list and for all ages. Country Girl Soaps may do special orders, so definitely stop in to see her products.

Also, we are having our Customer Appreciation Day on 12/23/2012 so be sure to stop by for samples, giveaways, and a great shopping experience. Here is a link to my facebook page which contains an invitation to our Customer Appreciation Day from my booth:

http://www.facebook.com/Fionnas.Cards.and.Gifts

Even if you do not purchase an item directly from me, I appreciate you supporting our local store. Merry Christmas

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Could you let me know where exactly the boutique is located? Thanks!

15. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

The address is:
    21 anna Drive, Suite 101
    Clayton, NC

Going toward Clayton form I-40, it is on the right after you pass Cornwallis. My friend and I went yesterday and we both picked up some great Christmas gifts. I plan on returning this weekend to pick up some more! Lots of nice handmade items, nicely displayed, easy to move around the store...and coupons!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  16. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks!!

17. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

Great Directions

Thanks for providing the directions. Hope everyone has a chance to stop in soon and I hope the person looking for soaps finds just what she needs.

The store will be open 7 days next week. Even if you do not make it it before Christmas, we have gifts for all occassions and items to treat yourself everyday!