Sidewalks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Richardstech, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Richardstech

Richardstech Member

Who can I talk to concerning putting more sidewalks in. W Shiloh Road in particular. Cars move so fast down that road and you can't get out of the way. I'd like to walk to the daycare or church but it's just not safe. If we had some sidewalks to the schools too, then we would not have to bus them around wasting all that money. The added benefit, is our kids might get some exercise. What do you all think?

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Not to rain on your parade, but not a snowball's chance in....

3. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

Putting in sidewalks would cost money. Don't see it happening when they are busy making budget cuts. Most roads not in town limits don't have sidewalks.

4. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I think that would go back to the years-old annexation discussion...

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

To spell the process out, even if the County was in the business of putting in sidewalks, which they are not.....

1) To start with, all the affected property owners would have to agree to have a sidewalk put on their property, or

2) The county claims Eminent Domain and takes the property, or

3) All the affected property owners agree (magically) and then the County has to buy easements across the affected property so they can put the sidewalks in, which will in turn

4) Cause some people to get greedy and claim their land is worth more than the others and they want more money or will hold out until they get more money, which in turn

5) See #2, which will in turn

6) Cause this thing to take years and years to happen. However, lets say it gets built somehow, this then

7) Causes arguments over maintenance. Some will maintain it, some will say the County has to maintain and make repairs, and that will lead to

#8 Some not maintaining it at all, which in years time causes disrepair.

9) But before all that happens, this side of the road will argue that its better to put it all on the other side of the road which will cause the other side of the road to say "Nuh huh" and then you are back to

1)

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Or have the County begin to require these sorts of things for new developments. Sure the developer pays the price and that gets passed on to the home buyer, but it is much easier to put them in to begin with.

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Bridges (sidewalks) to nowhere..... :evil:

8. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

"Or have the County begin to require these sorts of things for new developments. Sure the developer pays the price and that gets passed on to the home buyer, but it is much easier to put them in to begin with."

I hope I got that typed correct before the crack pipe burnt my fingers.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think you may as well wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up faster. It's never gonna happen. :mrgreen: