Prayers to Clayton HS baseball family

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Dec 14, 2012.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Just went on WRAL website and came across this story; we had not heard about it yet.

http://www.highschoolot.com/clayton-high-baseball-player-dies/11878866/

My son plays for an opposing school and I am sure we have played against this young man before. But, none of that matters when it comes something like this. No matter how intense it gets on the field, baseball is one big family and in the end, we all look out for each other, rival or not.

I cannot imagine what this child's family and friends are going through. Our thoughts and prayers will be with them all in the coming days.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

So tragic, my son told me about this last night, like you I did not know him, but I'm sure we've played against him at sometime over the years. His mother is also a teacher at WJHS. :grouphug: Thoughts and prayers to the family

3. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

May God be with this family and MANY MANY prayers for them... i cannot imagine.... My oldest told me last night that he worked him with recently and was training him on some of the things at their jobs. My heart goes out to the family.....:cry::grouphug:

4. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

That is so sad. We belong to the same pool. I will always remember a few years back when he fell out of a tree and broke both arms and was miserable most of the summer because he could not swim. Prayers to David and Allyson.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I can't imagine....
    If anyone knows this family or hears of a way to help them such as a memorial fund please post it here.

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Hogan Teem was a outstanding young man. Very active in our youth program at First Baptist, Clayton. Our thoughts and prayers are with his parents, David and Allyson, and all his friends at Clayton High School and First Baptist Church. Hogan will be missed by all but not forgotten.

7. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

Prayers to the Teem family

I knew hogan in his younger days. He was a great kid. My prayers go out to his Mother and Father and the rest of his family.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it's the saddest story ever. Had a hard time pulling it together this morning after hearing about it, thinking it could have been one of my sons....
    Can't even imagine what that Mom and Dad are going through....gut wrenching.

Many prayers to them.

:cry:

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have known Hogan since he was a Kindergartener at WCES...always has been the apple of his mom and dad's eyes. They spent many years of heartache waiting for a baby to make their family complete and Hogan did just that...my heart breaks for Allyson & David...they truly worshiped that kid and the feeling was mutual.

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I need to ask my son if he knew this kid. Man. Has anyone found if it was a medical condition? That's so wierd for winter. Usually its summer this type of thing happens. I hope his family rests and finds peace.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

For those that knew him, does he have a couple younger brothers? Maybe once lived in Kenly?

I ask because 10years ago my next door neighbor had an 8 year old that I think was named Hogan. He would have gone to WCES. I moved away a couple years later but I've been wondering if it was him.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

My sophomore year in High School I had a teammate die out on the football field during a game. Words can't describe the grief I endured that night.

Prayers to all those close to him.

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

No, he was an only child.

14. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Thanks