My Favorite Toy I Got for Christmas Was.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

A crystal radio?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, I think that is why I got my degree in electronics.

A lot of good that eventually did me! :mrgreen:

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Love it! I built several crystal sets growing up, but none looked that geeky! (Geeky as in good!)

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Didn't have the Creeple People, but we had something similar - I think it was Incredible Edibles? and you could eat them! No telling what we ingested, :lol: but me, my brother and sister are still alive! We also had one that we made flowers with, I'm surprised any of us still have any fingerprints left - cause those things would burn the crap out of you! :)

This was it, I remember eating the insects! Says it was 1966, so I was 6 yrs old, :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

I found THIS website, in case you don't quite remember the toy and need a little help tracking it down. :)

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I also had on of those light bright things. Well my sister did. Remember it had a black face then all of the colored pegs to put in to make a drawing or symbol?

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I actually have a lite brite under the house

9. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

And now most kids

are electronically inclined over the most part ... who has the newest/latest greatest cell phone, tablet, gaming system - all high dollar stuff that does not put the imagination to challenge as the past good ol' toys do.

Another plus about the good ol' toys is that they were a kids' play factor of mobility as well (even if not much but scooting around the floor) instead of sitting like a lump on a log and using the hands/fingers only.

O well .... :nopity::beathorse:

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I found it cheap at a yardsale and couldn't pass it up! It was one of my favorites growing up, always blamed my sister for leaving the pegs laying around when my dad stepped on them!

:jester:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

My next favorite was the trampoline me & my sister got!!!
    Probably about 14 years old

12. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

YES!!! That's it!!! I loved making those rubbery creatures! Thanks Webbie for bringing back some good childhood memories!

13. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

14. Luvgoose1

15. Luvgoose1

Bandmom-I had the Incredible Edibles and Creepy Crawlers...the IE were nasty but because WE made them we thought they were wayyyy cool!
    [​IMG]

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Oooh! I forgot about this one! Loved my spirograph!!

17. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Yes...the Spirograph was a good one. I didn't have one myself but a friend had one and we spent hours with it. That reminded me of another one - the Wheelo-O! Was told that the Cracker Barrel sells these....think I will be dropping by there this week to find one.

[​IMG]

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I remeber some of them came with little paper inserts you could put in the wheel for patterns when it was spinning round and round

[​IMG]

19. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

my parents got me a trash burning barrel. Believe me, I never forgot that one!

20. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Stretch Armstrong!