My Favorite Toy I Got for Christmas Was.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I had this! Love it

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

ME TOO!!!!! Until he met his death when GI Joe came around to the neighborhood. Cut off his right arm and clear crap went everywhere.

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Remember the Clackers? 2 plastic balls on a string that you held on your finger and made them click together. My brother was good enuf that he could get them going on top and bottom clacking.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I had those and drove my parents crazy! [​IMG]

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

I had completely forgotten about the Clackers! If I remember correctly, they were part of a product recall because of the balls shattering? In any case, here's the Clackers...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLHftISLNHE

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh yeah - we had the Clackers too!
    I also remember spending hours with a jump rope type of thing, I think it was called "skip-a-rope'? but didn't come up when I googled it. It was a hard plastic circle that you slipped over your foot and there was a short rope attached to it with a bell at the end. It swung around your ankle, kinda like a small hoolahoop, and your skipped or jumped over the rope with your other foot as it went around. anyone else remember that?
    found this - this is a newer version: [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

This one deserves another look.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

I had those, the only difference was that mine were glass. Eventually they decided that they were unsafe and started making them out of plastic. I remember with the glass ones everyone had bruised elbows.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

10. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I remember that toy, it was called a Lemon Twist because it had a plastic lemon on the end of it that you skipped and it made this "shoop shoop" sound like a hula hoop. I wore out a couple of those. You know, that was probably really good exercise, hmmmm, maybe I should get one again? these holiday goodies are going to be tough to get rid of in January...

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I loved my lemon twist! Ofcourse... my mother said don't go down that driveway with that thing and your clogs on.... and I did...and we had a really long driveway that sloped downward....and I can say I probably still have a scar on my knee from that day!

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Jean - I was thinking the same thing! what a great leg workout and excercise....maybe we can start a new excercise craze! :lol:

13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My favorite thing was spending hours with my Lego's.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Lego is the largest producer of vehicle tires in the world!

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am Jewish and as a kid I couldn't understand why Santa Clause wouldn't come to my house. My dad had one of his friends dress up as Santa and come to my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

17. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Hot Wheels