Prices Lowes Foods vs WalMart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PoohBear, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Unlike the former USSR, I get paid for my work.

Unless that's all you get to live on, then wait till we get a surprise hard freeze. Or an errant hurricane.

It's not Wal*Mart that's a sore point. It's all the nut jobs who think that Wal*Mart is some faceless monster threatening to take over the world when it's actually the source of income for thousands of American workers. If you don't like Wal*Mart, don't shop there, but you don't have to trash it just because you think it's the source of poverty in America.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Top Reasons the Walton Family and Walmart are NOT “Job Creators”

3. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Oh, great, you know how to post a link.

Let's see, what's the website name from that link? Oh yeah, it's..

http://walmart1percent.org/

Nothing like a nice impartial website to prove your point (no wonder you hid it under the article's title. I would too.)

Here's my counter website:
    http://www.walmart.com

Now that we have had our battle of competing websites, the fact remains that people I know who actually work for Wal*Mart like working there. The pay could be better, but my pay could be better too. Both they and I know that if we don't like the job or the pay, we can always go work somewhere else.

The people I know who actually shop at Wal*Mart like the prices and general quality of the merchandise. Of course, people who don't like shopping at Wal*Mart can always shop somewhere else. Yes, they'll pay two to three times as much for the same (or similar) stuff, but it's your money and you hgave the right to spend it anywhere you want.

People who trash Wal*Mart either have never worked there or worked there a short time and were fired for a lack of work ethic.

4. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

This apparently happens because several people are unable to hold an online conversation without becoming verbally aggressive behind the anonymity of their keyboards. And it's what keeps many people like myself from being able to visit this site more often... because it's ridiculous to see grown adults baiting each other in and then acting this way. It's like there's no kindness or ability to just shut your mouth (or not type, as it were)... Unfortunate.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

pssst....your ignorance is showing (again)

What is the difference between what the "farmer can spend" and what the employees can spend as a result of having a job? Better yet, what about all the other money I can spend elsewhere as a result of spending less at Wal-Mart?

What about the builder that helped build the store? Of the guy that cleared the land? Or the electrician that wired the place? I could go on and on and on but sadly libs like Harvey can't see the forest for the trees.

Stop meddling with the free market. It will always defeat you.

Auxie likes this.
  6. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

And then there are several people who think that posting a different opinion than they approve of is being verbally abusive.

7. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Thank goodness, I don't. And they have the worst produce of ANY grocery store or local market that I have ever seen.

Ever heard of a greenhouse?

8. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Why yes I have. I'm sure my apartment manager would be more than happy to tear down the kids' swings so I can build one.

9. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Well, I hope that you don't choke on that chili pepper that you choose to buy at Wal-Mart.

10. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Why, thank you. :)

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Smack BAM POW from the Wolfman to the little Passive weiner...

Nice reply