SodaStream's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ImTheNormal0ne, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

OK Wondering if any of my friends have tried the new soda stream thats out that you can make your own sodas? my hubby wants one but i hate to pay the price and the soda would end up nasty and then just collects dust. Please let me know how it is....

TIA

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

The cousins in Raleigh have one & the older child LOVES it. You do have to BUY the $$$ mix. They mostly drink soda water, which to me is YACKY!

For us it would sit on the counter & collect dust.

I think some kids would like the Mad Scientist mix this & that to make soda - add fruit, etc but mostly it sits around.

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I've read that some people buy syrup from Sam's and/or Costoc instead of the Sodastream brand syrup. I know I've seen boxes of the Pepsi/Coke/etc syrup at Sam's.

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

If you don't drink soda that much, it may be good. Since we drink a lot of diet soda, the cost factor between the two... cancels each other out. I can buy soda on sale cheaper then I can go through all the trouble of making it.
    Its got the cool factor but no real savings.

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I really thought about getting a SodaStream machine because I AM a Coke-a-holic; I thought how convenient it would be just to make my own. BUT...my daughter and I went through the demo at Costco and when I actually got to try the sample, it was nasty! The regular cola had a DIET cola aftertaste that I just couldn't take. If you are used to that, then it may not be so bad.

**I will be stocking up this week while 'Carlie C's' has Coke products for $.88!**

6. ImTheNormal0ne

thats my concern it isnt for me anyhow as i dont drink sodas. but i was thinking it would be cheaper to stock up on sales

7. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

You would if they offered Mountain Dew. [​IMG]

8. ImTheNormal0ne

Clif i havent had a mountain dew in 3 years too sweet!!! sweet tea is my kick now :) soda blows my belly up!!!

9. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

I did not know that.

You see? This is what happens when friends start to drift apart. [​IMG]

10. ImTheNormal0ne

not drifting apart :/ just getting to busy :( it has to change soon :)