Char-Grill coming to Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by daisy8869, Dec 23, 2012.

1. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

if it is owned by the original crowd (the ones that own hillsborough st, atlantic ave, edwards mill rd, and strickland rd), i will be there regularly! if it is owned by the franchisee crowd that owns garner, you won't catch me within 100 yards of it...

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I think the Garner bunch is very friendly. the food seems the same, which is very good. Benson is good also. Only been to Hillsborough, Edwards Mill of the others mentioned.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We love the one in Garner. Folks are so nice there and food is good too.

5. gooberama

gooberama Guest

yea I don't have. a problem with the one in garner either, they seem like a hard working bunch. And the elderly lady that seems to be one of the owners seems nice, asking people if everything was good.

6. dangerboy

people are nice, service is fine...it's been the food that disappointed me on more than one occasion. as much a part of my culture as chargrill is, i was willing to give them multiple chances - like 3 or 4 during their first year or so - but they just fell short imho. i'd rather have cookout, or drive to hillsborough street...

7. ditch digger

ditch digger Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that she beat a lot of people out of money while building the one in Garner. Me being one of them. She is not the nice old lady that she seems.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I like snoopy's on Hillsboro st. Good hot dogs!!!

I believe it's at the corner of Glenwood and Hillsboro.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Having grown up visiting the one on Hillsboro St., the rest just aren't quite the same. Good, but not the same.

The same thing goes for Snoopy's too.

On a side note, what is up with all these fast food places changing the type of pickles they use. Can't stand the sweet tasting pickles many places are using now days.

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Yep, i said it before when that one opened. She took our business for several thousand.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Why does she get away with it? Couldn't y'all have taken her to small claims court for what she owed you and the other posters company? She obviously has a profitable business, it seems busy enough whenever I'm over that way.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Am I the only one underwhelmed that there's ANOTHER fast food place coming to Clayton?

13. dangerboy

char grill ain't burger king or mcdonald's. doesn't fit the same category...

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No. I might get enthused about a Chick-fil-a. But yet another burger joint? YAWN. I'm as thrilled as I am about another autoparts store coming in.

I know it's jobs and all, but come on Clayton, can't we get something ELSE?:confused:

15. CraigSPL

But then people would complain that they wouldn't be able to get a Chick-fil-a sandwich on Sundays around here......LOL.

16. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We did take her to court. Had job order forms, emails and the works between our company and her.

You had to look at what we are up against.

17. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I have not been impressed with the one in Benson. My wife really does not like it.

H

18. CraigSPL

And it's not a real Char-Grill if they have indoor seating.....LOL

19. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Im with you!! Something else needs to come here!!