wal mart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

anyone ever pay for your stuff, get all the way home and realize that you left an entire back on that carousel? Left a bag there with about half a dozen items. Its about the third time this has happened. It just ticks me off when that happens.

2. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Did you call to see if the cashier sent the bag to customer service? I've done taht at Target before. They have a logbook where they log in stuff that was left (receipt number, etc). If you have the receipt, you can pick it up.

3. Rockyv58

I called wal mart and they said just bring the receipt in and they will fill the missing stuff

4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on ME!!
    Fool me 3 times____________________!!!! :?

Another one that come to mind is:
    The definition of "Insanity"- Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!!! :)

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I bought DH three birthday cards last week. Got home and had none. No idea what happened to those stupid cards, but they probably got left at the carousel. :? He doesn't care about cards much, so I didn't go back, but yeah.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The cashier should always check the carousel to make sure you aren't leaving items behind. Of course, this never happens. I believe they get commission on the items they can screw you out of.

We were in the Walmart at 42 last Friday and the shelves in the grocery section were bare as usual. There were boxes all around that were supposed to be for restocking BUT no restocking was getting done. There was however a wonderful conversation being carried on by 4 of the stockers standing in the middle of an aisle. I was ****ed.

I hate that Walmart. They are always out of things no matter what time of the day you go.

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

That's why we try our hardest to go to the one on 70 in Clayton. We can find what we need and get out in a hurry. Usually has more registers open than the 42 one does. and the people seem nicer. Plus, we don't eat McDonalds, so Subway has a one up on them....and the hair place there is nice and does a decent job. So, it really can be one stop shopping. Not to mention you can get the discount on Gas from time to time.

42 is our fill in store, usually when we need something, we run there or Lowes foods.

but to O/P Yes, it is a pain....and it's not just walmart. Saw this happen at Kohl's just the other day. Told them to look at the receipt and pull the Credit Card name so the person collecting their $600.00 in Gift cards would be the correct person!

8. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

What do ya'll expect? It's WalMart! There are certainly no rocket scientists working there. Did it ever occur to anyone that it is the employees that make WalMart such a crappy place to shop?

Whoops! I guess that I will incur the wrath of Cliff now.

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I figure it is how they keep their prices so low. They create this ridiculous carousel contraption that hides your purchases. You pay for them, forget them and they restock them.

All sarcasm aside, I really do think those contraptions are from hell. No matter how diligent you think you are you'll leave something behind. It doesn't help that the cashiers haven't learned to put more than two items in one bag.

Other things that irk me (not just at WalMart):

1) Walking to the register with one (1) item and they bag it. I did just fine carrying my chapstick up here all by myself, I think I can make it to the car without the bag!

2) See #1 above. When you decline the bag they have already begun to give you, they throw it in the trash! WTF?

3) Self checkout lanes. It no worky...Me no pay!

4) Asking me 'Credit or Debit' when I have already hit the button for 'Credit'.

...and I will not burden you all with quite possible the grossest thing I have ever witnessed at WalMart.

10. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Ohhh, why not just keep going?

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My two biggest pet peeves in shopping are the grazers (people who grab something and munch on it while they shop) and people who do not under the meaning of express lane.

I have actually seen one person grazing and when done they put the empty bag on a shelf and kept going.

12. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Left the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner...brilliant!!! At least I did have a cart full of other items, but still!!!!!

13. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Yep, this happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Ran in to pick up a few things. 2 bags of oyster crackers among them. Got home and cooked oyster stew for my DH. Got ready to put it in the bowl to cool down and lo and behold, no oyster crackers. I was so ticked off at myself for not double checking. :banghead:

14. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

spinner

When I check out I spin that carousel about 5 trying to make sure I do n
    ot leave anything. The cashiers just love that!

15. Rockyv58

Went to pick up the stuff at wal mart and as I was standing in the customer service line I was them putting the stuff I had bought yesterday into the different return cards. Almost 24 hours later. There was cream cheese and string cheese. Yea I am going to be real careful now about buying cold stuff, just in case it stays warm for over 24 hours.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

never take the first one of anything off the shelf. reach in the back and get one...

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That does not surprise me at all. Especially if it was at the 40/42 walmart.

18. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I try not to use the self checkout because I want to save people their jobs. But the cashiers don't even make sure you have everything. Do they only get paid to put the barcode in front of the laser?

19. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I take my own bags and carry my stuff in them while shopping. Then when I go to checkout, the cashier must unpack them to ring them up, and I offer to repack them, so I am aware of where each item is, and also to make sure there is no detergent in with my bananas...:)