STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jan 7, 2013.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just a heads up, the Strawberry Festival will be on April 27th this year and the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce is now accepting applications for booths. If you have a business either full time or part time and want to secure a booth, get in touch with the Chamber asap to secure your spot at 919-773-8448. Only one booth for any particular business is allowed. I'll be there and got my spot secured, always a great event!

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Lets get thru the ice festival first,,

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Can't, the spots book up too fast, gotta get the word out to my fellow 4042'ers :)

4. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

How much are the spots? Are there different rates for a Civic group?

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Call and talk to Marlene at the Chamber, she has all the rates and i don't want to misquote anything.

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Can we get the Turtle Man or the Gator Boys this year?

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

OH! Can C3 chase us down with literature and shove it in our hands???

Oh wait.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

only if you stop and let them, actually last year they were not as intrusive, well not that i saw but i was inside a booth. In the previous years i just ignored those that tried to get me to take something i was not interested in, yeah i can be a b when necessary.

9. Cleopatra

Just because I stop for a second (being polite) does not give somebody the right to shove their garbage in my hand.

I wised up though, I don't stop anymore - and yes I come off rude :)

"NO THANKS" <fast walk>

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep that's the way girl, the positive way outweighs the negative and this year i know they are having a company there that lets kids mine for jewels, that is gonna be so cool for the kids.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If that is rude I am in trouble! Half the time my headphones are in just so I can blow people off without being forced to interface with them.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

lol, ya know i have missed this late night interaction with the oldtimers on this board, y'all are the best!

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

After 10 hours of sitting in this airport I finaly got a seat on the plane so I am going away soon, but I agree!

Hang in there you can do it!

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Hught, safe travels friend.

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I can remember when you would stop and talk to everyone. Glad you wised up. You're fun to go to festivals with and so are your kids except when someone pours out soda on the ground and I lay down in it. haha

Sherry

16. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

No need to be rude. Just say, "No thanks, I am trying to quit." I used to use that walking the streets on NYC and guys would try to give you flyers for the girlie joints.

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Yes Please!! Love Turtle Man and Gator Boys!!

18. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Just like with annoying telemarketers, I see no reason to be rude or disrespectful to anyone until they don't accept my "no thanks, I'm not interested." These people are just doing what they are supposed to and if approached I just keep my hands down so as not to accept anything handed to me. I've never had an issue at the Strawberry Festival with anyone being forceful after that and in fact, sometimes get a simple "thank you" for handling it nicely.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memories........:lol::lol:

Sherry

20. Cleopatra

Yeah we had a good time!!!

We need to get together soon, I miss you!!! I was just telling kdc the other day what a kick *** mom you are :) Those kids wouldn't be pouring out soda on your watch!!!