Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You pointed me out Mr.Sawsage. Clif leave you all alone? :lol:

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

ha..

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Whatever it is, it is annoying. I see the idiot every morning.

4. ServerSnapper

Then stop him and tell him to stop being cheap.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

6. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

If it was that much of a safety issue then all cars would have them. All cars do have low beam headlights which should be sufficient to see at night. Safer yet, blind people should stay home at night.

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Didn't we have this discussion years ago? I used mine on my old van all the time.

1) I paid extra for them.

2) I liked the way they looked.

3) I did not have daytime running lamps.

Who cares, drive your own car the way you like. :)

8. kevinsmithii

people like you give society a bad name. you can't be courteous enough not to blind me then I fell sorry for you. You'll get yours.

9. Cleopatra

I give education a bad name too....

Let me educate you. Fog lights point DOWN.

This is the second good belly laugh I have had on 4042 this week. Thanks!

10. kevinsmithii

They are supposed to when was the last time you had yours adjusted!! Bet you haven't.

11. ServerSnapper

I am so confused kevin. Its really none of your business what other people use or have on their vehicles. BUt rant noted.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Oddly enough this sounds just like an argument that Cliff would make.

But for the record, let me say this, Both my vehicles have them and as long as they have them then I am going to use them as they do create a wider field of lighted road/side of the road at night thus making it safer to drive. And no I'm not blind.....YET.

13. kevinsmithii

I know it's none of my business and we now live in a me.me society. I just a little common courtesy and respect in return for what I have afforded drivers over the last 37 years of driving. But if all that out the window, then GAME ON!!

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously, I was with you til you went all nuts on Cleo and made a broad sweeping statement about her being the problem with society. And the me, me thing...that is exactly what you want...everyone to do what YOU want. It is not against the law to drive with fog lights on as far as I know.

Just how many of these "violators" do you encounter in your driving on a daily basis to make you flip out and go all "you'll get yours" and "game on"?? I pass an idiot every day with headlight issues (and it is illegal to have blinking lights if you are not LEO), but then I pass them and move on with my life. Just what does "game on" and "you'll get yours" mean anyway? Sounds kind of like you might be the dangerous one on the road. Just an observation.:chillpill:

15. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

On another note, not necessarily a rant, but a public service. I just saw Bonsai's, Kobe, and Wok and Grill (by Riverwood) on the food report on WRAL. I have never eaten at any of these places, just grossed out by the report.:ack: Oh, and they still got a 90:confused:

I guess the rant is, why can't they keep it at an A??

16. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Could it be that they are an.......................

Still laughing at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKmSLXukaw

17. Cleopatra

Ha! Maybe you're what's wrong with society... Internet psychics went out a long time ago.

It was a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, I had it for a little over two years. I am sure in that time span, the lights started pointing up just to blind people, it was like a remake of Christine.

Maybe you are confusing blinding by fog lights with all the new brighter bulbs out there in general. Or the big giant trucks that blind me just with their regular headlights. Oh well, if my current van had fog lights I would run them all the time too. :)

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I think within this thread there may be a misunderstanding of fog lights?
    To some it means the lower lights that are a part of the car, to others, it's those lights added above the cab of a truck etc and yes, those can be blinding, esp if they're on for no reason. :banghead:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I always considered true fog lights to be a tinted yellow bulb or lens, and that "driving lights" are bright white and below your headlights.

20. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

To the idiot in the big, black, F150..250...350....or whatever, very blackened windows, all chromed out with a horn that sounds like an eighteen wheelers horn, on HWY-70 Business., you honking at me the other day, riding my bumper, then zipping around me to go less than 1/8 of a mile down the road to wait your turn to make a left turn going into Agri-Supply and honking at me again as I went by you to go further down the road, you sir are an ***. While I'm going already 8 mph over the posted 45 mph speed limit, I have some advice for you. Grow up, act your age not your IQ, take a look at the speed limit signs, don't be in such a hurry in rush hour traffic, be especially aware of all the road rage out there that has ended in deaths, if you want to go 15-20 over the posted speed limit stay to I-40, I-540 etc.
    Oh and one other thing, UP YOURS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure the only reason you felt like such a big man was you saw I was a woman and felt you had to go all ape on me because you thought I needed to move out of your way, because we all should know how special you are and getting to Agri-Supply was such an emergency. Wonder why? Could it have been you needed something to clean the manure off your manly boots? JERK! One last thing, if you see me again and I'm in the left lane (because that's where I need to be to make my left turn as well) be prepared that I'm still only going so much over the speed limit on HWY-70 through a business district no matter how much you ride my bumper, honk your horn, act like an idiot, act the fool or show how much you lack in intelligence or even common sense for that matter.

I feel so much better. I appreciate the chance to vent on this board rather than out of the road where things can be dangerous because of the likes of the idiot above.:hurray: