What happened to Pizza Inn?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mayday, Jan 10, 2013.

1. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Just drove past the Pizza Inn and it was dark and empty with a big "FOR SALE" sign on the lawn. I didn't have time to stop so I tried their phone number and it said the number was disconnected. We just ate there a few weeks ago and the place was packed as usual. Anybody know what's going on?

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

All I heard was that he shut the doors on Saturday :(

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know, my boss just mentioned it at lunch, he wanted to go there and it was shut down.

4. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Oh no! Our PTA worked with Doug a lot and loved him!

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My kids will not like this news!!!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well it was cheap pizza fast. I like the one waitress that always helped us. She was always friendly and coming over filling our glasses. I would have them make a veggie pizza for me.

7. Katt9

Katt9 New Member

sorry

about Pizza Inn. My kids will be disappointed.

How do you post a thread?

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

At the top of the Discussion Group where all the threads are listed, there's a button that says "New Thread".

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Oh no!. we loved going there for post season soccer, baskeball, baseball parties. the owners were great to work with.

10. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Awwwww! I liked going there, they kept fresh pizzas on the bar and the waitresses always kept our Pepsi glass full and brought us specialty pizza when it came out of the oven....Wonder why they closed? There was always a good crowd when we went...

11. littlejoey

littlejoey Active Member

It was kinda a shock to me too, I know it was packed sometimes, but driving by it everyday you def saw that parking lot dead a lot. Another reason to move my store....seems so hard to get people back here. I know my kids will be sad. My 6 yr old boy can eat more than me and he could put down some pizza there lol. Would love to see them open in another location.

12. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

We were planning on eating there for lunch today but found the place empty and for sale today. :confused::confused:

We enjoyed eating at the 40/42 location many times after the recent decline of the Smithfield location...so much for a good pizza buffet. The local Ci-Ci's just doesn't compare.

Hope someone takes over the place because we need a good pizza buffet in JoCo!

13. markfnc

what realtor is selling it?

14. markfnc

15. bosoxfan

I'd have to guess that his lease expired, and with the building for sale, not knowing what was going to happen, he closed.

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Not what I would guess.... :?

17. bosoxfan

You're probably in a better position to know about it than I am, so I'll bet it's not what I said. :lol:

18. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

being a blosox fan this probably relates to everything.. lol

19. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

Someone that used to work for Pizza Inn and now works with my husband told him that the operator of the Pizza Inn was subleasing the property from a man who was leasing it from the property owner. The property owner apparently raised the rent and some kind of miscommunication happened between the leasor and the operator of the Pizza Inn which resulted in the property owner claiming the property and its contents.

This is what he heard....could be completely wrong but just thought I would pass it along.

20. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

What ever happened --- we will miss the Pizza Inn Buffet.