Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

fog lights do not point down. :lol::lol:

and even if they do, and you are driving a "higher" vehicle than me (which is everyone, since I drive a honda accord) they point right 'down' into my eyes and blind me when you are behind me.

And they, paired along with regular headlights, are too bright at night, while they are pointing down, coming towards me. It's just unnecessary and what I consider a common courtesy.

Sunday, while driving to church at 830, their was about a half mile visibility and thick, legit fog, I passed at least 25 people WITH NO HEADLIGHTS on. :rolleyes:

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hey now, leave Agri Supply out of this. I'm kinda partial to that store :lol:

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Fog lights properly adjusted aren't pointing up. If it continues to be an issue in your accord go get yourself a hummer.
    Lol

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I was thinking that it might have actually been you in the truck.

5. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I'm kinda partial to it as well, just needed to get as close to the identity of that idiot as I could, using location. Although, I'm sure his way of thinking is that he was in the right to act the fool.8)

6. KellBell

I didn't say they were pointing up idjit

drive thru please. 8)

7. C me Now BMM

no need for name calling.. there is up, there is down.. you said fog lights don't point down, so if they don't point down.. they point..
    now move over..

8. KellBell

you are right, I did not say they pointed down or up. The least you can do is keep up with threads you post in. I mean, even a buzzed monkey can do that....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Angling for Better Vision

• The idea behind fog lights is to reduce the amount of glare thrown back at you. The fog lights are angled downward toward the road at an angle, so when you turn them on, the light is thrown across the road in front of you and not straight ahead of you, where it can be reflected back. The light is not reflected back into their eyes. This gives you some visibility of the roadway, without blinding you. The color of the lights has no bearing on their use in fog. Today, yellow or any other color is not recognized as being "better" at penetrating fog. It may have more use as a safety mechanism for oncoming traffic.

Read more: How Do Fog Lights Work? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4885332_fog-lights-work.html#ixzz2I4Drlp6p

10. C me Now BMM

damn, my bad.. here I thought you said they don't point down.. I guess it was someone else

11. C me Now BMM

I said this from the start.. thanks for proving me right.

12. KellBell

Someone else said "fog lights point down"....and I was responding to that comment. It was either Cleo, or Keith, or someone else in the conversation.

So to help you further, the rest of my comment went onto say that even if they do or don't, they glare in my eyes and they are unnecessary no matter where they point, since my car rides low.

you with me now?

13. C me Now BMM

Lol,, I don't know. Lets both move it on. Lol

14. KellBell

let's do!! :mrgreen:

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The office door is locked because I'm not expecting anyone ESPECIALLY solicitors.

:ack::ack:

<grates on my LAST nerve>

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I need some green in my scene. Tired of dirt yards and sand storms.

17. C me Now BMM

18. harleygirl

yes I quoted myself :mrgreen:

Well, since the "no soliciting" sign has been up, they all turn away and go where ever they came from. LOVE IT!!!

19. harleygirl

people at a 4 way stop sign!
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

:iagree:

It seems worse for people in those small traffic circles with 4 yield signs that randomly turn into stop signs ...... or disappear completly. :ack: