Tree stand stolen

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ffnc27592, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ffnc27592

ffnc27592 Well-Known Member

To the proud new owners of my two man tree stand. I would like to thank you for stealing something that I worked so hard for. I've got to be honest I am more mad at the fact that it was a pain to get into the woods. Let me cut to the chase. You forgot one important piece of hunting equipment out there that day. Which is??? You guessed it my trail camera. Oh no:cheers:.... Boy do I have some pretty pictures of the new owners of my tree stand.... At this point no hard feeling if my stand is brought back in the same condition that it was taken in. I feel like ten days is more than enough for you all to bring back my stand. On the tenth day your pictures will be turned over to law enforcement and maybe even posted on your very own Facebook page. I'm not going to give the location of where I hunt in hopes that other people might get their stands back also. I will say that it's in the 4042 area.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'd turn em into the Sherrif's office now, but tell em you wanna wait and see if they return it...maybe set up a few other cameras, or something...like a climbing stand with cross bow set to a laser trip off a facial recognition software.....

Why can't people just work for their own crap and leave ours alone.

3. ffnc27592

I feel the same way. I bought a two man ladder stand so I could take my kids hunting with me. My little boy was all upset and asked if that means he can't go anymore. I just hope they see this post and save themselves some embarrassment and return the tree stand.

4. sirputz

if i were you, warn the local pawn shops of this activity, and see if they've had any brought in....it's a long shot, but hey, you never know.

oh, and I have an engraver if you'd like to put your name into your gear so you'd know it's yours if found. (for anything, either stuff you still have or stuff you hope to get back)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to us....tree stand AND two man hunting blind that were both brand new....bought for DH's bday .....so ****ed!:evil:

Both were near Jordan Lake.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  6. office

office New Member

Where was your tree stand? Just curious.

7. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

just go put it back up..

8. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

That was my thought too. Sounds like they are not sure which one they should return.

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

10. ffnc27592

Just a quick update. Checked yesterday still no stand. Sounds like this happens more than I thought. I guess I'm somewhat at fault due to the fact i didn't have it locked to the tree. just had to go out and buy some tree stand locks to lock the rest of them up. I have received some private message asking about the photos. I'm still not going to give my hunting location away due to the fact it might let others off the hook. I will say that my camera did take some high quality photos. I really don't want to embarrass anybody with the pics however I do want my stand back. I appreciate the offer on the engraver.

11. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I say post the pics on here :mrgreen: ... nothing like having community embarrassment :lol:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That sucks! We had one stolen out of the back of DH's truck IN THE DRIVEWAY when we lived on Grill Rd. Of course it was the most expensive one he had ($500+). :evil:
    I looked and looked and still look on CraigsList in several different cities around here to see if anyone was or still is looking to unload it. Wouldn't that be some ****? To actually FIND the theif? It wouldn't be pretty for that person. I'd post the picture of the person in hopes of finding out who it is. I hope you get your treestand back but more so the theif gets caught!!!

Good Luck to you.

13. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:
    :iagree:

14. sirputz

6 more days... this is fun. I'll bring the :popcorn: :jester:

(it's times like these, I wish they had a emoticon for hanging someone... cause this would be like an old community event!)

15. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Why don't you just approach them about this or call the po po?

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When I first saw this thread I wondered why anyone would be worried about a Xmas tree stand being stolen. Never dreamed you were talking about hunting. That's how much I know about this stuff. :lol:

Sherry

17. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Now that's some funny stuff thar.... thanks for the chuckle Sherry!

18. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Any update? Where's the photos?

19. littlejoey

littlejoey Active Member

I was just wondering the same thing!!

20. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. lol!