SNOW ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Make sure ya'll run to the grocery store today!!! :mrgreen:

Be safe! :grouphug:

2. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

At least tomorrow is a teacher workday, so folks won't have to worry about school closings. My son and DH are traveling to Boone tomorrow, so I hope it is not too awful bad on the roads!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Time for a beer run......oh and a stop at the ABC store as well.

4. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Just got off the NWS conference call and it looks like the big problem will be at sun up on Friday. Temps will drop and everything will freeze.

5. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

It's snowing

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Bring it on, it's been awhile since we've had a good snowfall.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Got in my food store run, but then again, it is my normal shopping day anyway!!!

8. elims

elims Well-Known Member

How was it? There were a few things I needed, but figured I could live without until this snow scare was over. I'll go tomorrow. ;)

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Greg Fishel is about to reveal the "tools of his trade" (their words) to show how he predicts snow. This oughta be good. :neutral:

Also, just got this email from JCS (I forgot some schools are on other schedules):

West Smithfield Elementary and South Smithfield Elementary will be on a 2 hour delay for students.
    Early College and Middle College will be on a regular schedule.
    Staff at traditional calendar schools will have a workday as originally scheduled.
    All staff should report at regular time unless driving conditions are unsafe. Staff should use their own judgment in making this determination.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I remember back in 2000 when the Fish was tauting their doppler (pre dual doppler) and that we were going to get 3-4" of snow and when it was all done and said we have 20.something inches of snow. And I missed out on buying a house in Garner off of Sauls Road near 1010. I remember they had people calling in live and a woman who was stuck in her car on I-85 in the Durham area (she was from San Diego CA) was pretty much ripping the Fish a new one

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

As usual, people were grabbing up the milk, bread, and eggs!!!

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the BEER!!!!! :)

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

And cigarettes. I don't drink but cigarettes were going fast.....lol

Sherry

14. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

That's what my husband told me before he went out the door today to run to Kernersville. Yea right...I got Coke, potato chips, hot chocolate and pop tarts...I'm good! :mrgreen:

By the way, just talked to him, in Mebane on the way back home. He said he is getting frozen stuff on his windshield but more freezing rain than snow. Not holding my breath for anything much to happen around here.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

i want to see some snow~~~~~!!!!!!!! lol
    :cheers:

16. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

A bit of the white stuff would be nice. As long as it is all gone and the roads are clear and dry by Monday AM! I'm all about a weekend snow and then its gone!

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

what a let down !!!

18. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yep, a real let down. Either snow or don't. This patchy stuff is just gross.

Sherry

20. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

What am I going to do with the 7 loaves of bread????????????????