SNOW ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jan 17, 2013.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Drove past 5 cars in the ditch on Cornwallis near the curve near the Javovich witness place, very icy and slick out here in Western Johnston County!

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

another post by clayton pd on facebook just now....

Covered Bridge Road closed near the Ole Mill Stream community due to accident. Slick roads taking their toll here in Clayton. Can't say it enough - go slow and BE CAREFUL out there!

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

saw that as I was coming up the hill there from the CVS on my way home from work

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Need to re-title the thread...this is not snow but something much more dangerous! I love how some who move here make fun of North Carolina natives when these events come calling. Wonder if those who are sitting in the ditch thought they could drive full speed in it based on their state of origin? Hope they are okay.
    I wish we would get some snow!! We seem to always get this crap! Be careful!

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Took me 90 minutes to get from BJ's in White Oak to my home in South Plantation. Like the old Florida license plate: ARRIVE ALIVE

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Holy crap, which way did you go?? It took me just less than an hour to come the back roads from Raleigh, New Hope Rd., Rock Quarry Rd, Old Garner Rd. & through downtown Clayton and up 42 to Amelia Church Rd. to get home.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Nothing but ice in Durham and still sleeting. Stay off the roads people.

Sherry

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I went there via 40 and had seen a wreck on 40 east about a mile east of where Corwallis crosses over it. So I started to come home via Cornwallis. But when I saw that backed up I turned around and ended up bumper to bumper all the way up business 70. Got off at Rt 42 West. Then got onto Barber Mill road ....etc

PS: Why are there so many stupid people who only remember one line from "Top Gun" .... "I feel the need for speed" and they end up wrecking theirs and others vehicles.

P.P.S. @ least my Isuzu has a button where the shifter is that is made for 'winter' driving

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I don't care, but that **** is funny right there. LOL :lol:

10. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

11. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

Lol, I was so bored after work that I have been driving around ever since it started.

So bored, that I even posted a delivery service ad on Craigslist for those who might have needs but won't go out in this mess.

12. Sherry A.

You are quite the individual, aren't you? The DOT asks everyone to stay off the streets and think the above is cute. :roll:

Sherry

13. dietz4ibanez

Wow, It's like everyone says... You are off your rocker...

The DOT mostly wants to keep people like you off the roads who do nothing but post on forums all day. They know that all you will do is cause a wreck.

It doesn't really matter if I go out now for fun because in a couple hours I will be on the road all night long plowing jobs getting them ready for the morning...

14. Sherry A.

Nah, I've been on my rocker today watching the fools drive by. :mrgreen:

Sherry

15. dietz4ibanez

Sure it's not people on their way home?

Seen a couple wrecks happen and I tried to be as much help as possible.

A bmw lost traction and slid back into my bumper. The damage was already done to theirs and mine was ok! They had me push them up the hill...

People just wanted to get home if nothing else!

16. Sherry A.

Hope nobody was hurt. I know people want to get home but that's not what you were talking about earlier. :confused:

Sherry

17. dietz4ibanez

No I was not trying to get home. lol But that comment was referring to your comment about the people driving by your house.

I have to be out regardless to see what I am up against with the conditions of the roads. I also have to check my properties, where people go in and out through out the night. I need to see which lots that were pre-treated to see if they will need further attention and which properties will need ice melt to make sure they don't ice over... I can scrape slush but not ice!

18. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

I had the feeling today was building like that nightmare day we had on Jan 19, 2005. And for me anyway, it was damn close. I left the NC State area right after lunch at 12:30 and didn't get home to Cleveland till 3pm.

19. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Anyone been out? How is 50 & 42?

20. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Don't know about 50 / 42, but the secondary roads are real bad. Some of the drivers are even worse! Speeders. I got passed in an S curve by a rear wheel drive luxury car. By the way, I have CDLs and drive most anything that rolls or crawls.