If you can't keep your word,

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

DON'T OFFER IT!

Today I received in the mail an ad for Papa's Pizza and subs. Called the number to order, and told them where I live. They took my order, knowing the distance (I didn't bother to look at the address, as I receive their flyers all the time, not knowing they were in Angier) and said it would be 30 to 45 min (and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt because all I heard was 30 minutes and the total). After an hour had passed, I called back and spoke to the young lady on the phone who basically told me off saying that I'm not in their delivery area and they only have 2 drivers so I have to be patient. Wait a sec. I'm not in the delivery area, yet you took my order anyhow? Why not just say when I ordered, "I'm sorry, your address must be connected to one of the post offices we send flyers through, and you are on the outside of our delivery zone. Perhaps try another Papa's Pizza closer to you."

But after speaking with the manager who again told me off, guess what pulls in....the driver with my pizzas. I hung up with the manager, called the one at 40/42 (I thought I had been talking to 210 Papa's all this time). The driver ripped the coupons out of my hand and pushed me after I told him to take the pizzas back to his manager and have him shove it. I didn't want his crap anymore. So I called 40/42 who gave me my pizza's, hot out of the oven, gave me a free piece of cake, and told me he'd be happy to serve me anytime. I will definitely go back to 40/42 Papa's (i've gone there before, but this puts me over the top)

Just putting my 2 cents in----But if you don't want to drive that far, don't offer to take the order.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock::shock::shock: The driver PUSHED you???

3. sirputz

Yes. Physically pushed me and raced out of my driveway in reverse, creating ruts in my yard....I should press charges, but I'm not gonna be on the news for a Pizza.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have no words. I would likely be calling whatever corporate office they have though, that is ridiculous.

5. sirputz

Locally owned, haven't found anything online yet...but still looking.

6. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

50/42 Papa Johns or 40/42 Papa Johns?

Didn't know there was one up there by 40...

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Papa's pizza isn't worth waiting for. With all of the pizza places around here I don't understand how they stay in business. The box has more substance than the pizza.

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Not Papa Johns, but Papa's. At 40/42 its behind the Smithfield BBQ. At 40/210 its across from Mcdonalds.

9. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

I'll have to give it a try! I know some people say it's not worth waiting for but my brother says, Jepps pizza is the best. I had it one time and hated it.

I have to at least try it!

10. sirputz

yes, Papa's But yet the number I called on the flyer was for the one in ANGIER, closer to Holly Springs on the south side of Fuquay Varina....
    That is a far way to travel from me for delivery, which is why I wondered first, why am I getting the fliers (oh b/c of the address saying Willow Spring), and second, why didn't you refuse to take the order saying it's out of our delivery area.
    Still no excuse to assault a customer. And never call them to say you're gonna be late.

The one at 40/42 behind Smithfield was great. He more than accommodated me and I'd gladly go back to his. Like I said, before, I got the flier, called the number and didn't think I was that far. But they should have known and said something.

Now they're left with 2 pizzas made, but not eaten, gas driven all the way up, and back, no tip, and no money paid for the pizzas, as well as lost deliveries they could have had if they had just said, sorry, you're out of our delivery area.

11. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Had the same experience. Except they waited 30 minutes after taking our order to call us back and tell us they wouldn't deliver. Even though I called the number from the flyer that I received in the mail. I finally ordered from 210 and picked it up. Even the guy I am assuming was the manager at 210 was rude. The employee's were rude as well. It's doubtful we will be back there...if I'm PAYING you for a service, I don't expect to be treated rudely.

12. sirputz

AMEN. IF you can, go see the 40/42 guys. They bent over backwards for us, knowing the owners of the Angier location, and knowing he's an @ hole.

I agree, Pizza may not be the greatest I've ever eaten, but it's still filling when you've been waiting over an hour for some schmuck to deliver.

13. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Wow. That is unbelievable! Thanks for the heads up SP. I get their flyers too but have never ordered. Sorry to hear you had to go through that BS over a pizza! Wonder how they stay in business operating like that....sucks that customer service seems to be a thing of the past with a lot businesses these days. That's why I LOVE all you guys/gals in the 4042 family....always watching out for each other.:ack:

14. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

My fiance and I had an issue with them as well. We had a coupon for a large party pizza at half price or something so we called the Papas at 210 and they said that they didnt make party pizzas and made sure "she called the right number". They were just absurdly rude to her for just asking a question. Keep that **** up and they wont make it much longer.

15. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

This is disappointing! We LOVE the Papa's at 40/42 and order from them all the time. They are always respectful, on time and we think their pizza is delicious.

16. sirputz

Don't confuse the 40/42 location with the one I had problems with. 40/42 did wonders for us. Two different franchises..two different owners. I'm still trying to find out if there is a corporate office to call and report the Angier Location (south of FV)