S&L Tech Systems?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 26, 2013.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any recent experience with S&L Tech Systems?They worked on my husbands laptop in the past once and there were no problems.This time however it's been since October of last year and each time he talks to the owner he get's put off for a few more more weeks and so on,if it was my computer I've tried to get my money back now.

2. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

If someone's been holding your laptop for more than 3 or 4 weeks, you definitely need to get it back and find someone else.

What was the problem?

3. AnnetteL

Ordering the wrong part from China,sending it back and the waiting for reimbursement before ordering new part :roll:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

:iagree:
    Had a great first experience with them, horrible second, never had a third.

6. AnnetteL

:jester:

7. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

I do allot of China orders, and find it perplexing. Some retailers charge an arm and a leg and some offer free shipping. Not quite sure what is going on.

8. AnnetteL

Just saw that they already got 3 complaints on file with the BBB and a business rating of F,I wish my husband would've checked into that before dropping it off at S&L :x Why are they still in business after ripping so many people off?

9. JustAnotherMom

That's neither your problem, nor your fault. I would go up there and get your computer and take it somewhere else.

10. AnnetteL

My husband just came back from there,he was trying to get his laptop back but off course the owner was out,or more likely avoiding him,the employee told him that he can't hand him back his laptop without it being repaired(even though they had it since October) and without the owners consent but he also refused to call the owner since he was supposedly running a personal errant.Can anyone suggest what would be our next best option? Thanks!

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I would've sat my butt down in that office and refuse to leave till I had my laptop.. and if I had proof they had my laptop a call to the sheriff would've been made also.

12. JustAnotherMom

You could be like me and turn into a raging lunatic, that got his attention. Have someone else call from a different number and ask for him, preferably when you are sitting in the parking lot. I did that from my house and in the less than 5 min it took me to get there, he had 'left' the shop again, so try it from the parking lot. Good luck!

13. JustAnotherMom

Or you could do this, the calmer, saner route :)

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Legally I don't know if it is a valid response, but I would tell them that you will be calling the Sheriff or Police Department.

15. AnnetteL

Thanks everyone! I also called the Attorney Gen. Office but had to leave a message,DH wants to wait until he hears back from them before calling the Sheriff,if it was my laptop I'd have called already but since it's not...

16. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

well, technically 1/2 of it is yours lol

17. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

File a complaint with 5 on Your Side (Monica LaLiberte) or that chick on WTVD11. They seem to get pretty quick results on situations like yours. Maybe if you tell the owner you have called them both and filed a complaint online with them, he will comply. If not, call the law. If you have a receipt from when you dropped it off, that should be enough I would think to get it back with a deputy's help. Next time you go, take a witness or tell them you are going to video the interaction...document EVERYTHING. Good luck!

**AND, if you paid for anything already, call your bank and dispute the charge. We got an issue resolved with a tv repair place this way. They had our tv, took forever, said they fixed it and didn't, and refused to come back and get it to fix it correctly. We disputed the charge to our VISA, the credit union did an investigation, and reversed the charges. We still had a broken tv, but they sure as heck didn't get to keep the money!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  18. AnnetteL

Good advice,thank you!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

what about small claims court??

20. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

civil matter dont involve the police