veterinarian

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NYtoNC, Dec 26, 2012.

1. waterengineer

waterengineer Active Member

Mine have been going to Cleveland School Animal Hospital since Dr Lash was there. Dr Basden or Dr Campbell are really great. Behind the SECU & Pizza Hut at 40/42.

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

We Love Dr. Basden at Cleveland School Animal Hospital!! She takes wonderful care of my Peppercorns!!

3. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

I finally got my current vet (VCA Broad St. In Fuquay) to give me a price quote so I could compare to Purr and Bark and they were $500 more! I about fell over! Scheduling an appt with Purr and Bark today. Thank you for all your advice everybody....love u guys! :grouphug: I'll let you know how it goes

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. She passed away in our bed, head on pillow, her nose 3 inches away from her daddy's, with a pillow between her paws (like a human would sleep). We had her cremated and when we went to pick up her remains, they had a pawprint tin, prints of her paw (I am having it made into a tattoo), and several other things. There wasn't a dry eye in the place, from Vets, to Techs, to other clients...that right there made me realize my decision to pay a little more was the right one...they CARE about out critters.

5. NYtoNC

NYtoNC New Member

Thanks to everyone for responses!

Kitten is doing ok... as long as she stays on wet food. :(
    PirateGirl - I'm so sorry for your loss. Pet's are such integral parts of our families and bring so much joy, it's hard to lose them. I'm glad it was peaceful.

6. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Purr and Bark Vet Update

Tassy~

I want to thank you for recommending Dr. Regina at Purr and Bark. She was exactly the kind of personality we were looking for with a skill set to match!
    Our dogs were comfortable with her from the start and we found her to be genuine, thorough, very knowledgeable about large and small dogs and had a wonderful "bedside manner" on top of it all.
    Our Boston needed to be neutered and have numerous vaccines and our Lab just needed her vaccines. When I found out that she had to take our Boston with her in her mobile hospital, while she collected her other patients for the day, I will admit I was really nervous. But she was great about my anxiety and she came back with him and he was just fine, albeit a bit groggy....lol.
    It surprised me that I was also able to order my flea/tick/heart worm meds directly through her website and it was just as cheap as the 1-800 places I shopped with before!
    Can't say enough good things about our experience with her....:hurray:
    Thanks again Craig and Tassy!

Forgot to add that she was more than $500 cheaper than the vet I used to go to.....can u say WOW!?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats so great to hear!!! Glad you loved her!

:hurray:

8. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We too have started to use Dr. Regina, our animals love her even our semi feral cats. We were never impressed with Dr. Basden, terrible bedside manner and her staff at times were just rude and immature.

So now I'm thinking of her old location, has anyone visited the vet services that's opened up there?

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Dr. Regina is like the "Cat whisperer", my neighbor has a few semi-feral cats that don't come to people much, forget strangers....and she got them to come close enough to give them a quick rabies shot!