Orthopedic doctor suggestion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by macy, Feb 18, 2013.

1. macy

macy Well-Known Member

Would like a good doctor to treat my knee. i looking at a knee replacement . Garner or Smithfield area. I have been going to Raleigh Orth but need to change. Thanks Macy

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, that lets out who I was going to suggest. Lyman Smith did DH's ACL graft last year and he's back at 100% mobility. His bedside is the pits, but he's an excellent surgeon.

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I was going to say do NOT go to Raleigh Ortho. We've been to Duke Ortho but the pediatrics department. Now, my husband has been to Triangle Orthopedics (at the new 40/42 hospital office) just last week and going again this week. We are very impressed w/ them thus far. Most likely, he will need surgery. MRI was done last week. My 17yo son went there. I can tell you after years of dealing w/ orthopedists for my kids, these guys truly know their stuff! Nice staff, very knowledgeable and on top of things. I would recommend them w/ no hesitation. My husband has seen Dr. Slusher and another lady doctor but forget her name. Good luck but I'd definitely give them a shot. And we didn't have to wait forever to be seen. When my husband reinjured himself, they got him in that same day.

Stephanie-- mom to 10 (soon 11)

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Rick Alioto has places in Clayton and Smithfield. He's been my daughter's doctor for years and is very good.

Sherry

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I have been to Raleigh Ortho - but to the White Oak location. I usually see Dr Boes, so far I am pleased.

6. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Raliegh Ortho, too

I've been to Raleigh Ortho, as has my MIL. I had my knee scoped, she had both her knees replaced (sep years). Our doctor was Dr. Curzan. I saw him in the Garner office.

I recently had surgery on my Achilles tendon (bone spur removed). Used Raleigh Ortho again. Had great service. Dr. Logel. I saw him at several locations, including White Oak