Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I don't see where anyone has said anything abut the chain being sold.. just this particular bldg.

well my bad.. just saw they are selling out... damn.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

It was a joke...I assume your reply was also an attempt at humor?:mrgreen:

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yes - that's why the laughing emoticon.

Although....

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

6. C me Now BMM

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Stop and Shop are big up north, I grew up with them. They are better than a Food Lion, I'd put them on the scale between Kroger and Lowes.

I'd rather have Publix buy HT if there was a choice though.

8. C me Now BMM

I had seen them in the running as the worst along with a handful of others, of course food lion was lumped in there.
    Personally I do like food lion as much as the others... I'm not so sure why,, lol

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the Stop n Shop. I have never been to one, but the comments on WRAL didn't sound very good. Food Lion is okay, and with coupons, it is very reasonable. I was just hoping for something a little better as far as fresh produce and meats.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Food Lion bites the big one and has for many years.

11. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

For 50 points and the lead...

Where was the first Food Lion in the area and for an extra 25 points, what was it called before it was Food Lion?

No googling!

12. C me Now BMM

Lol, I guess I won't be seeing you running around a food lion. Well the one in Clayton I can see your point. The one I always frequent is just fine, I would rather go there than down the road to lowes for most my shopping needs.

13. C me Now BMM

Food town not sure where, guy rd Amelia church maybe

14. Rockyv58

I was at Harris Teeter today during super doubles. I asked the woman checking me out if she had heard anything and she said she heard the same rumors everyone else has. She said she would rather it become a Publix than a Krogers also. And that they still have plans on opening the store near Flowers Plantation

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

there was an article in the N&O today about Stop and Shop buying Harris Teeter.

16. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Becky Flowers Bullock is not going to like this!

17. Rockyv58

Are you talking about the 'Stop and shop" out of Mass?

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yes

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i will say, for the record, the newer food lions are nicer than the older Krogers (like the one in Garner..or the one they closed on New Bern Ave. I do like the Carlie C's that has opened there though!)

20. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Becky Flowers isnt going to care what comes in there. She may prefer HT but if they dont come, as long as something does, it will be fine.

Unless i am mistaken, the first and only Food Town that was in the area was in the Forest Hills Shopping Center in Garner. It was there for a few years before it changed to Food Lion.