Beggars on 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Richardstech, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Richardstech

Richardstech Member

Is it me or is there more beggars at that intersection than any other in this area? I wonder why? Do you support them?

2. dietz4ibanez

dietz4ibanez Well-Known Member

I do not but I always see people giving them money while waiting for the light change.

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

They are down here @ 95 & 301 exit 90 off I95 now, had't seen them until recently. :?

5. BossRotton

BossRotton Well-Known Member

I'm sorry as i can be but when i see these people begging for money and they have on nicer shoes than me, i don't feel sorry for them.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I passed one of the beggars in front of Marathon gas talking on her smart phone.

7. Richardstech

Richardstech Member

I'd never support either. I guess my question is, why that exit? Why don't I see the beggars at white oak or Saunders st? Is wake county harder on them? I wonder if the Johnston county sheriff checks beggar permits? 210 exit does not have the same problem. I hope it's a sign that this area is growing economically and is ripe for the picking.

8. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

On Tuesday I saw one girl walk down from the Walmart parking lot, stop by the gas station to take off her sandals and put on a dirty pair of men's socks, and then stand at the end of the driveway with a sign asking for money. I guess she figured that people would feel bad for her if she had no shoes? It probably worked too.

9. Rockyv58

Beggars Creed

There's a sucker born every minute

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I think its becasue the light take so long there, plus there is more on off traffic then at exit 319.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There is one by Crabtree Valley mall, her sign says "Mom passed, help me get home".

She's been out there on and off for about a year. I suppose it might be true that her Mom died at SOME point. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she is attempting to tug at the emotions of the innocent.

12. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

There was one at the exit to White Oak Shopping Center the other day, with his wife and older kid sitting in front of him, holding a sign that said "Lost job, help please" or something like that.

I'm going to guess he didn't have much success finding a job while standing there.

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

When I worked in Charlotte, I was coming out to the parking lot one night, a guy comes up to me and said he was in town on an interview and his alternate went out on his car. He was parked down the street and could I help. I gave him $5.

About 3 months later, the same guy again came up to me in the parking lot with the same story. I told him he needed to change up the story. He just laughed, and said I guess I got you before.

14. Rockyv58

I would of asked for my money back

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've heard that one too, it was in the parking lot outside of Tiger Direct on Capital Blvd.

Another good one was at a gas station on S. Saunders St. The guy said he just got out of prison and needed bus money to get home. I gave him $5.00 for originality.

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

The ones at South Saunders are too busy hitting up people at the gas stations along there. I stopped gassing up along there because I was tired of dealing with them and the station managers not caring.