Prom Night

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 28, 2013.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

So, where are the local joco schools holding their proms this year?

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh. Thought it was kind of an odd venue myself. Can I ask why schools don't hold proms in their own schools anymore? Schools used to do that all the time way back when and the kids contributed to decorating. Was just curious as to why. My son is going this year for the first time. Hope all the kids have a great time.

Stephanie-- mom to 10 (soon to be 12)

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Sheraton Raleigh

4. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

If they had it at the school maybe we wouldn't have to pay $40 per ticket! :cuss:

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

SPACE thats why more kids in schools and not enough room

6. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Way cheaper than one JC high school...they started at $60 if you bought early and went to $80. (The Landmark)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

South Johnston is at the "Grand Marquis Ballroom" in Garner. I think the tickets were $35 each; I guess it's not too bad. Heck, after getting my son's car washed, picking up the corsage and filling up the tank today, I am SURE I have spent more on his prom than he will. And that doesn't include the tux!

8. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I paid 50 bucks for the couple and it was on the Gateway Clipper (a paddle boat on the Pittsburgh Rivers) Great time and it was only 13 years ago! lol

Oh and since I'm new to NC and my kid is in Elem. school yet, do you guys do Prom Picnics? You know, where the day after, the couples go someplace fun and do something with all their friends or whatnot... We went to an Amusement park usually, but I took my first prom date on a special picnic in a local park and we had a blast!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

That sounds like fun...most of the kids in our area are headed to the beach tonight or tomorrow. My son and his friends are going tonight, coming back Saturday to play in a baseball tournament and then going back down on Tuesday or Wednesday.

10. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Yeah, us Pittsburghers didn't have that luxury of having our prom and spring break. Prom was in Mid May always... And we didn't have a week off for spring break. but we had fun regardless.