Mirror

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Oddest thing happened last night. On my way home as I was just entering my driveway I hear this loud pop sound. Thinking I had hit my mailbox with my drivers mirror (by accident due to fog) I get out and look at the mirror housing and it is in perfect shape. I pull down my driveway and double check it under my outside lights, and I do not see any damage.

I head out this morning to go to Goldsboro and that's when I notice it. The mirror itself broke but with out any of the mirror coming out.

1.) anybody ever hear of a mirror breaking because of the humidity?
    2.) Where can I go to just get the mirror replaced and not the whole mirror assembly?

2. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Mirror replacement on Ebay for less than 12.00

3. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

Are your outside mirrors heated and was your defroster on?

4. Rockyv58

to the best of my knowledge no they are not heated. I was asked the same question from two diffrent glass companies. Apparently that model did have that option but I have no button inside to heat them and the ac or heat was not on.

I was thinking of calling Isuzu and giving them the vin number and seeing if it came equiped with heated mirrors. They were able to tell me it had a remote for the car just from the vin number

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

get a piece of paper from a 12 pack box. shape a template till it fits inside the frame. don't try to make it fit perfect. small fits easier than big! most any glass / mirror store can cut you one. they will probably have the glue also. tell them what you are doing. I've done it a few times and it's way cheaper than buying an automotive mirror.

"objects in mirror may, or may not be, closer than they appear"

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

my rear view mirror did the same thing....scared the **** out of me as i was driving home one night.

7. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

If you have a rear window defroster that button usually turns on the mirrors as well, if equipped.

8. Rockyv58

Well it does have a rear window defroster. So I will check with Isuzu. But Sunday night the defroster was not on. Thanks for the FYI

Well Isuzu's 800 has hours 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EST) Monday to Friday. Ill call to verify if the mirror is heated

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Do you have comprehensive coverage included in your auto insurance? Something like this should be covered 100%. It can't hurt to ask :)

10. Rockyv58

well its only 35.00 to get it replaced. at least this way I know if falls off I can get them to fix it again. I did find out from Isuzu that it is a non heated mirror, though I could not get them to send me a list of the options that came with the vehicle though

11. Rockyv58

I know that feeling. Made me jump when I heard it pop. I can imagine that must of been even worse for it being the rear view mirror

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Hey Rocky, where did you go to get your mirror fixed? My son decided to make his side mirror retractable by backing in too closely to his neighbor at school and now has a broken side mirror (thank God that is all on his car)! We need to replace the mirror only, the housing popped right back into place and the power mirror controls still work, just burst the glass. Thanks in advance.

NVM: Found the replacement glass on Advance Auto for $11.99. Easy enough.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013