Cornwallis to Close

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, Apr 4, 2013.

1. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

Anyone else get the letter that Cornwallis will be closed for 4 months to replace bridge? What a traffic nightmare!!!

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

we got the letter - we don't live near there, but we use Cornwalis to get to Clayton - it will be a headache for sure!

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Its gonna really suck,,

4. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

which bridge on cornwallis?

5. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

6. C me Now BMM

The one between 42 and Shiloh.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up! that's the way I go when I use Cornwallis. YUCK!!

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I'll be food shopping a lot more at the Lowes food instead of Walmart, as we live right by the Kingdom Hall. Much easier to shoot down Cornwallis the other direction, to Route 50. At least we have the Cleveland Road route to get on Route 40...:neutral:

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I heard some folks complaining about this. Consider the alternative. It is an old bridge surrounded by swamp. Can't temporarily reroute and no one wants to drive over a bridge that could collapse. We'll just have to deal with it.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

When is the exact date of closing??

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm SO glad I don't live any where CLOSE to all that drama and traffic anymore. :mrgreen:

12. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

What bugged me was they didn't give a start date. Just said late spring/ early summer. Would love to have a start date so we can start planning accordingly. 4 months doesn't sound so bad. However, commuters such as my husband may think differently.

Stephanie-- mom to 10 (soon to be 12)

13. C me Now BMM

suppose to be early june

14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder when they will go and put exit ramps from I-40 onto Cornwallis.

Also the bridge that they are going to replace. Wasn't there plans to put one or two residential areas between 42 and the bridge they are replacing on Cornwallis?

15. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

yikes, you would think they could turn it into a one way with just stoppage of traffic on either end and then fix the opposite side after a while.

I've seen it done on smaller bridges in PA...

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's going to be somewhat inconvenient since I work on Josephine and come from Clayton. It is what it is I reckon.

17. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll get lucky if you live on Cornwallis and they'll find some of those special shellfish in the stream like they did on the old Hwy 50 bridge at Old drug store. It tied the whole project up and extended the time to 7 months. :lol:

18. C me Now BMM

Not really,, Barber mill to cleveland rd to josephine

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've been doing it for 3 years, I'm aware of the alternate routes........which is why I said SOMEWHAT. 8)

20. C me Now BMM

groovy,,