jehovah witness

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just want to give a heads up to my friends in the south plantation area. The Jehovah Witness are in our neighborhood

2. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

Do those "no solicitation" signs work? I'm tired of folks trying to sell me meat out of their truck, vacuums out of a box, or telling me my God is wrong.

3. Rockyv58

I have been thinking of getting a couple of those signs myself. I am so tired of people coming to my door trying to sell me something or convert me.

I've seen signs that say forget the dog Beware the Smith and Wesson

4. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

we have a "BEWARE OF DOGS" sign, and a lot of barking going on when they pull in the driveway, and it usually scares them away. Heh - little do they know they are all smaller, short-legged canines :lol:

5. Rockyv58

between my blue tick and my beagle they bark so much when the door rings but the witness' still come to the door :(

6. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

The No Solicitation signs do work against door to door sales people. They do not work for Jehovah witnesses, etc. The loophole is that their not 'selling" anything. The only sign that works for them is No Tresspassing.

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I made a sign for our porch that says..

No Soliciting! We gave at the office and we've found Jesus! So unless you have Thin Mints, NO!

Maybe it's working? I haven't seen them in a while, lol....

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Answer the door saying
    " Are you here to get the body "
    :twisted:

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Maybe I'm lucky but every Jehovah Witness that's ever knocked on my door has been polite and respectful. So, it's hard for me to get upset at them.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the same lines....

Why need a strategy? a simple 'thank you for stopping by, but I am not interested'.

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Agreed, for the most part. I did have an instance where they came around to the backyard once. Not cool.

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We have a neighbor who comes and gives out literature, so it is not unusual for us. I will say that several other churches in the area have come through our neighborhood on occasion as well, distributing info or invitations to an event. All have been polite and quick. We do have a no soliciting sign for all who try to sell things (and it gets ignored), but with any of them, if I don't want to answer the door, I don't. I treat my ringing phone the same way. I just don't answer. Simple as that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  13. elims

elims Well-Known Member

The ones I've met are very nice, but I've made the mistake of being too friendly with them. Don't talk to them, don't ask questions, don't show interest. Once you do, they keep coming back .. and then you'll NEVER get rid of them.

I hate solicitors. I work from home, it doesn't mean I have the time to come to the door and chat with everyone who comes to sell me something. For the most part, if I don't recognize you - I'll let my dogs bark at you until you go away. Same with the phone - if I don't recognize the phone number, that's what the answering machine is for.

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Where did my post go? You smoked that too I see. And Wulfs snicker.

15. Rockyv58

:iagree:

It's times like that I wish they had caller ID for your door

16. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

That makes me think of my daddy

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was always told to tell them your are Catholic and they will assume you are a lost cause and will leave.

I have a problem with lying so I tell them I am a Unitarian, they ask what are they and I am usually stuck with them for a while.

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

:iagree:

This is what we do.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We draw a chalk outline of a body on the sidewalk and lay a copy of the Watchtower beside it. :lol:

20. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I don't mean to split hairs, but do you realize you are insinuating that someone could be killed on your property based on their religious beliefs?

I understand the comment is made in jest and intended to be humorous, but still ask yourself what this really means.