Do you go to church or not?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Aug 17, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Pretty much this. I think it's great if that is where you want to be, but for me at this stage of my life, I'm not interested all that much. I try it again now and then, but I see so much hypocrisy that it has really turned me against "religion".

With that said, I'm watching this new pope with great interest, even though I am not Catholic.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I go to church, at least when I am in town, but I don't believe in God. :jester:

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

If G*d wants me he knows where I am . And jehovah witness' showing up at my door is not G*d's way of telling me to go to synagogue.

4. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

ummmm

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I was never raised in a church. I did go for a few years in my adult life, but found the sermons dry and unhelpful. Study groups turned into therapy sessions for the same people every week. Delivering of food for needy families was accompanied with standing around smiling, passing out tracts. Just made me uncomfortable.

I go once in a while to a church with a group of people that I like, but mostly I church at home - reading the Bible and other books. Watching documentaries, trying to be a decent human being, etc.

Do they still have those mail order bible study programs, like in the 50's? I would probably like that.

6. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

I think the atheist churches show how much of a human need people have to group up and hang out. I have never understood the need to be honest, seems atheists could just form clubs instead of churches, but I suppose they like the non profit status too.

7. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

More's the pity because He does believe in you. :hurray:

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

People get lost in religion. They associate that to faith and that is sad. I am a heathen.

9. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

figure you to be a mooslim by now..

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned