Medicine disposal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Apr 9, 2013.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

DOES ANYONE???? know where or how to get rid of expired medicines...And I'm looking specifically for a take back program. I am not flushing them b/c of the septic system, I'm not throwing them in the trash, cause of them leeching into the water at the landfill... I want to do the right thing.

Called CVS, they don't take em. Called Johnston Health, they don't take em. Where do I get rid of these expired meds????

*and before you say it Hught, or DCHYDINY, I'm not calling the ad on here in Pets and Supplies either LOL

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

2. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Probably they don't take them because they will

do what you don't want to do - trash them.

Whey my FIL died earlier this year, HOSPICE took all the pills and poured them into a big baggie that had cat litter in it. So stated that the litter would absorb the drug stuff and make the pill not work before the stuff got in the trash can -- which eventually means the stuff would dissolve/break up.

One thing you can do is take it to the Clayton Police Dept. They have/had a drop box for drugs to be turned in ... free service just to be sure they don't get in the wrong hands/street.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Agree with calling the Clayton PD. While they aren't listed here yet:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/

there's a national event coming up on April 27 that other police departments are participating in.

I know Rex Hospital also recently had a few 'drug return' events, searching for information to see if there are any upcoming.

4. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

Creech Drugs in Selma will take them and destroy them.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Every so often target has a day when u can drop them off.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

ok so what is the down fall of flushing them?

7. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Sherry apparently likes drugs, new and old, based on her posts.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Just post them in the classifieds. :jester:

10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

The CVS on 42 has a sign saying they take them. Did you call that one.

11. sirputz

No, 50/210 cause I was going that way. I'm going past 40/42 so I'll take em with me today and see what they say. Some is scripts, some just OTC. I just don't want my little one (who's getting too curious) to get them. They are up out of reach, but this kid can figure out mostly anything I throw at him. He's a smart lil whip!

12. momtofive

momtofive Well-Known Member

13. sirputz

Thanks!