this can't just be happening to me...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So did you ever end up getting this done? Who did you choose? We have a pear tree hubby took down to a long stump but need someone to either pull it out or grind it.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Nope, never had it done. I have always thought to get more than one quote for a service needed....unless I know it is an industry standard (like septic pumping, went with Hardees, charged 250. Most people on here quoted 225-250. But I was well educated as this is my first time living on a Septic system.)

So the trees still stand. Currently doing a crowd funding to raise money to get them removed as I feel they pose a threat to our house. And it's mostly on the kids side of the house.

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

so, no new tv?

4. sirputz

no, the cars both needed 600 bucks worth of work. unfortunately, after fixing the one, and paying the mortgage, we could only afford 300 for the truck. so, it still needs work that i can't afford. I've had my current TV since 2000 I believe.

5. proudmom

proudmom Member

I couldn't get anyone out to quote. We finally called Arbor Care Tree Service -- he came out on the weekend for us and cut down three trees within a week -- good price and happy with their work.

6. delow24

delow24 New Member

What did you wind up paying per tree. I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of about 4-5 of these cursed gumball trees.

7. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

WHat is crowd funding?

Some guy in my neighborhood went crazy removing his gum trees--I sewar he cur down at least 30 by himself--maybe he would do it I don't think he has anything left in his yard. He even had a stump grinder!

8. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

We had 13 trees removed today. Some of the trees were over 70 ft. tall. After getting 3 quotes we ended up going with Arbormax. Including stump grinding we paid $2000.00. Their sort of local (off Rock Service Station Rd) and they are top notch. The owner Tim was VERY fair on price considering the other two estimates we got.

9. sirputz

Crowd funding is basically online begging. It's giving people an opportunity to safely and securely donate to a cause that they care about (or even just cause) I have an account at gofundme.com but you can't find it yet. I have to have 100.00 in online donations before it becomes searchable. I currently have 80.00. On top of the tree removal (I had a second quote and it's now down 600 bucks) we are trying to get vehicles fixed and put diapers on the new baby (which has yet to arrive, but should be here any day now) If you want to donate, I'll PM the link.

And as for someone who just does it, I'm a little leery of that because they are so tall and so close to the house. They need to be removed by a professional.

10. sirputz

do you have a number for them?

11. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member