Clayton auto accident - April 12

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Apr 13, 2013.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

I hope this accidend had nothing to do with Deep River Brewing Co, Johnston County's only brewery. They had tours up until 8:00 PM last night. I heard there were serious injuries. One car his hydrant right next to Deep River driveway.
    ============================================

Clayton, N.C. — A car crash knocked a fire hydrant off its moorings Friday night in Clayton, flooding the street at the intersection of Main and Moore just after 9 p.m. and sending water rushing onto nearby properties.

Authorities said one car hit the other, pushing it into the hydrant. Three people were taken to the hospital, one of them a pregnant woman.

Investigators were trying to figure out what caused the crash while utility crews cleaned up the water.

The names of the people involved or their conditions were not immediately available.

2. atarot

atarot Member

Someone ran a stop sign...

Only Linwood Dunston has the answer...

Clayton, N.C. — A car crash knocked a fire hydrant off its moorings Friday night in Clayton, flooding the street at the intersection of Main and Moore streets just after 9 p.m. and sending water rushing onto nearby properties.

Authorities said one car hit the other, pushing it into the hydrant. Three people were taken to the hospital, one of them a pregnant woman. All three suffered minor injuries and were expected to be OK.

Linwood Dunston, of Clayton was cited for running a stop sign in the crash, authorities said.

A home in the 500 block of West Main Street was damaged by water, but no other homes or businesses were impacted

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So........do you have any evidence to back up your little allegation or are you just spouting off? Do you have a problem with Deep River or what?

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge of that intersection there is only one stop sign and that is on Moore street as it comes from HWY 70 up to Main Street. Unless recently installed there isn't a stop sign coming out of the parking lot that services that end of the building.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Wow, you are quite the little rumor starter aren't you barney? Never mind if it's true or not, just blabber away hoping someone will jump on board. What are you, twelve? :roll: If you are a concerned citizen, why don't you give Clayton PD a call. I am sure they can set you straight.

And since you brought them up, here is a great article about Deep River Brewing. Thought you might like to know what others think of them.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/04/14/2825634/first-legal-brewery-opens-in-johnston.html

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Relax,, lets tone down the assumptions here...

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Could it be the original poster was not making allegations, but merely suggesting what a shame it would be if it were related after such a big deal has been made about Johnston County's first legal brewery?

Those of you who have jumped on the poster for making assumptions should check themselves. Glass houses and all that...

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Check yourself there Harveyboy. He could have simply posted asking questions without dragging the name of a business into for no reason whatsoever. But no, that's not what happened. How many restaurants, bars, convenience stores that sell alcohol were ALSO open at the same time in Clayton? Which one does he mention? I call BS.

9. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

We went the weekend before for the first tasting and the beer was fantastic...received three beer tickets, food, band, commemorative glasses, and bottles to take home of their First Run. Fantastic and awfully nice folks!

10. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

11. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Sincere...uh huh, right. Hey, at least harvey agrees with you. :cheers:

12. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Well it was a little heavy on the assuming speculation from 2 posters.