certified letter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know that if you find out who the certified letter is from if you can refuse to sign for it? I have no idea who would send me a certified letter and have no reason to have anyone send me one.

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Yes. You can refuse to accept "certified" mail. If it is related to a legal matter the "refused" letter will be presented as evidence in the case.

3. Rockyv58

To the best of my knowledge I am not involved in any legal actions for or against me. And I very much doubt I am about to inherit any monies

4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Did the USPS leave you a notice that you have to sign for something? They're supposed to put on there who it's from. You should be able to go to the post office and ask them.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

If Ron did your taxes, he'd mail your completed tax forms back certified and insured to protect your personal information as much as possible.

6. Rockyv58

Thought it may be something from Ron, cause on the reciept that was left it says my nom de guerre of Bob and not my legal name of Robert. But I already got my tax forms back from him. Also I looked up on usps.com and it originated from the post office on Westgate in Raleigh.

7. Rockyv58

They left the pink slip with certified and letter both checked.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

why would anyone refuse to sign for a letter?

9. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

That PO out on Westgate is a main one. They do bulk mailings, etc. from there. They have a lot of other functions but I used to have to go there once a month.

10. Rockyv58

I have not received a certified letter in years but when ever I did get a certified letter it was always problems.

So kind of a dog that has been hit with a stick too much he becomes fearful of sticks. I have become fearful of certified letters.

kind of a knee jerk reaction. certified letter = bad news

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

They're hardly ever good news. Sometimes, A LOT OF TIMES, it's things you need to know, but HARDLY EVER good things. :)

12. KellBell

guess I been lucky. we get certified mail all the time. Not always bad news. It's always stuff that is very important. I'd rather know than not know, good or bad. I reckon that's just me. :rolleyes:

13. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

all the time ? LOL,, I don't even remember the last time I had gotten one.

14. KellBell

yes, actually. about 2 a month. Since I am rich and own lots of properties here and at the beach, we get stuff non-stop. Wait, that's my husband. But I sign for them all the time, so they can be delivered without us being there.

Usually it's stuff from his banker at the beach, and it's not usually that important, but he does always send it certified. :mrgreen:

and it's only one small house at the beach. But still.....(my husbands retirement/personal banker from down there, truly sends stuff all the time, like receipts when taxes are paid and stuff) :mrgreen:

15. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Ok, so now we're all curious. You need to sign for it and let us all know what it's all about.

:jester:

16. KellBell

It should say where it's from. It's suppose to, on the slip they leave in your mailbox.

17. C me Now BMM

we're ? More like you,,

18. C me Now BMM

No no no,, LOL this isn't what Clif was loking for.. he wants more info on your richness,,

19. KellBell

:cheers:

I feel rich on the inside. Something he knows nothing about.

20. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Speaking of things people know nothing about.