Where can I rent a helium tank?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Apr 17, 2013.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

in the Garner, 40/42 area? Party City does not rent them anymore.

I call RSI on Glen Rd. but they are not in and they do not list helium tanks on their website.

Thanks!

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

They're available for purchase (about $30) at places like Party City. They're about the size (maybe a little smaller) of a barbecue propane tank.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

i know the stationary department at wally world on 70 use to stock them. You can always do what other wally world customers have done. buy it, use it, return the empty to the customer service desk and get your money back for defective product. I think I would have to write off about 3-5 of them a week when I was working there in the stationary dept.

4. michelle

Sorry, I should have stated that I need a big tank. We will be blowing up balloons at the Relay for Life in Garner next Friday night. We usually blow up around 300 balloons for the kids.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You friends with Steve on FB? I'd bet he knows where to get what you need. Let me know if you need me to ask him.

Sherry

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Try National Welders located on Capital Blvd. in Raleigh

http://www.airgas.com/

Though honestly I do not know the difference between industrial and specialty helium they do list both on their website.

7. michelle

Steve who? I don't think I am friends with anyone from here named Steve.

Thanks, Craig. I'll call them right now.

8. Sherry A.

Okay. If you need me to find out from him I will. Craig probably gave you a good one. You'd know who Steve was if I went into detail but no need to.

Sherry

9. michelle

National Welders - no because we don't have an account
    Machine & Welding Supply - no

Any other suggestions? I'm about to give up.

10. Sherry A.

Let me check with Steve. He's a DJ and does parties and all.

Sherry

11. Sherry A.

I just left him a voice mail. He should call me back soon.

Sherry

12. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Machine and Welding Inc. Garner NC. They got'em. I run welders off of them. You'll have to rent/buy the tank and regulators.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What about calling The Wagner House in Clayton and asking where they get theirs. They always have balloons decorating the house for different events. I would think as often as they use balloons that they would keep their own tank and blow their own up.

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Shot in the dark, but have you thought about calling a local florist? Or a party rental, like Dee Jay rentals or Ram rent all?? Granted, it would take a bunch of trips/cars to transport them, but it might be worth a shot. They might even come to your location? Will Wal-Mart or a Lowe's Foods do it?? Just thinking of other options...Good luck!!