Clayton Community Park...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to tell ya'll on that side of JoCo, what a great facility you have!
    My girls played softballl over there tonight and it was such a nice park. It was great to see so many people taking advantage of all the amenities!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is that where the dog park is?

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

There were several people there with dogs, but didn't see it posted as such...it was on Amelia Church Rd., just past Guy Rd., if traveling towards Hwy. 70.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

....on Amelia Church Road.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

The park next to Parkside Village Apartments, where I used to live.

Nice track around the pond (half mile, or 1/3 mile, can't remember which), baseball fields, tennis courts, volleyball, playgrounds, several picnic areas .. nice place.

6. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

FYI the one by the dog park will be the EAST Clayton Community Park.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The only part of this activity park that is open is the 1 mile walking track around the site. The grass on the fields are not established enough to have activities this year. Dog park across Glen Laurel Road is open.

8. SavannahAnna

SavannahAnna Well-Known Member

East Clayton Park

Does anyone know what the holdup is with finishing this park? I thought it would be in use by now.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Playing this summer on unstablished grass would result in no grass and mud puddles. Town of Clayton made a good decision.

10. bostonredhead

Right. They are separate but one is the East Clayton Community Park and the other is the East Clayton Dog Park.

11. bostonredhead

Unfortunately, there were other projects (and funds) that took priority.

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Town of Clayton Facebook page

Message on Town of Clayton Facebook page states; "Thank you Ms. Mills! You helped raise a good question the exciting new Clayton park we're building on Glen Laurel Road! While the weather is great and the fields APPEAR ready, the Bermuda grass needs a summer to fully establish itself. We need to ensure those fields don't turn into mud puddles for our local teams! The unseasonably cool temperatures haven't helped - but it would never have been possible to hold soccer or baseball games on these fields this Spring. We want East Clayton Community Park to be a great resource for families for the LONG term, and we're looking forward to a grand opening for the fields in the Fall of 2013. In the meantime, please enjoy the roughly 1 mile trail that encircles the park - we're delighted that families and their pets have been taking advantage of this new path."

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I thought I read in the paper that The Town was having issues with the contractor over finishing up. :?