Can't post ad

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by angeleyes, Apr 27, 2013.

1. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

I'm having troube posting an ad. Everytime I do it a blank page comes up. Any suggestions??

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Scroll down. It's there.

3. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

I scrolled down and still white screen.

4. angeleyes

angeleyes Member

Can anyone explain why I can't post anything in classieds? Once I fill in info it shows a blank page and when I scroll down still nothing...I have a Calico cat that needs a good home.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

maybe try another browser? Sometimes when I use Internet Explorer I have trouble, but Mozilla firefox is fine. Just a suggestion...I know that is annoying! Did you post here in the pet section to rehome your calico?

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Trying a different browser is a good idea. Also, if you are by chance connecting through AOL, and using the AOL browser, there has always been a problem with that when trying to view or post in the Classifieds.

If you continue to have problems posting the ad after trying another browser, please let us know. Thanks! 8)

7. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

People actually still do that? It still exists? Wow, that takes me back to 15 years ago! :lol:

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, my biological father still has an AOL email address. :banghead:

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

We've been doing some follow-up testing and this issue seems to be with Internet Explorer v10.

When you enter an ad into the 4042.com Classifieds and then attempt to preview it, a blank screen is displayed. (This does not happen with Firefox or Chrome.)

If you are using Internet Explorer, here's the steps to solve the problem:

1. Go to http://www.4042.com/
    2. Click on TOOLS on the top toolbar in Internet Explorer.
    3. Click on COMPATIBILITY VIEW.
    4. Try to post a Classifieds ad. It should work for you now.

Hope that helps!
    8)

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Just fyi...it happens when using an ipad as well. Very irritating, because I forget until I'm done inputting all my info! :banghead:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i haven't had a problem using my ipad but i did download Chrome on it and use that browser the majority of the time.