PB & Banana Sandwich -what's the RIGHT way?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Ok, so the battle lines have been drawn in the house over the weekend over the "proper" way to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich. The controversy is over the use of mayo or not.

For the record, I think the perfect PB & banana sandwich has the following components:

1. Merita Old Fashioned white bread
    2. JIF smooth peanut butter
    3. Bananas (of course!)
    4. Hellmann's mayonnaise (yep..that's the brand of choice)
    5. Salt & pepper

What say you? Do you MAYO or NOT?!?
    8)

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

The problem is OBVIOUSLY in your choice of Mayonnaise. Around HERE, it's DUKE'S, or nothing!!! :lol:

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

No mayo! No salt and pepper! Just Jif smooth, banana and your favorite bread.

4. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

I grew up on Miracle Whip, salad dressing. That makes a great banana sandwich!

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree: But I don't actually eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I like mine with just mayonnaise. Of course, white bread is a must with banana sandwiches.

Sherry

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That makes no sense Sherry......

:rolleyes:

7. Sherry A.

What makes no sense. If I was going to eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich I would just eat it on white bread with peanut butter and banana, like gcoats stated.

I don't eat my banana sandwiches with peanut butter. I eat mine only with mayo.

Does breaking it down into several sentences make more sense to ya'? :lol:

Sherry

8. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

What makes no sense is:
    1. "But I don't actually eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches."
    and
    2. "I like mine with just mayonnaise."

The only way those sentences can possibly make sense is to ask what do you do with the PB and banana sandwiches since you don't eat them, yet you like yours with just mayonnaise.

Or, perhaps you are saying you like your PB and banana sandwiches hold the peanut butter and hold the banana (and add a little mayonnaise).

9. Sherry A.

Okay, I like my peanut butter and banana sandwiches the way Webbie described but hold the peanut butter, salt and pepper. Geez...........

Sherry

P.S. But when I make a peanut butter and banana sandwich for other people I do it the way Webbie described only I leave off the mayo, salt and pepper, like gcoats stated. lol

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Then its not really a peanut butter and banana sandwich! You like a mayo and banana sandwich..... geeesh!

When you're making them for other people you're NOT making them the way Webbie described if you have to leave off the mayo, salt and pepper.

8)

11. Sherry A.

You are welcome, Tassy. I sure want to make sure everyone understands completely about the peanut butter and banana sandwich. Webbie was asking about the use of mayo and I was agreeing with gcoats that I would not, nor do I, use mayo with peanut butter. I wish I'd never posted anything.............always confusing, always argumentative. Guess it's just me.

Sherry

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

When my girls were younger, they liked peanut butter, banana and Marshmallow Fluff sandwiches.

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree, I wish you didn't post anything here either,, you're always confused and argumentative.

15. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

I stand corrected! Duke's is indeed top shelf!

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

8)

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

and if I were going to add anything it would be MIRACLE WHIP. :mrgreen:

I love banana sammy's with MW.

18. Sherry A.

I'm sure your mommy still makes your sandwiches since you act like you are 5 years old.

Funny how Kell wrote almost what I did but nobody questioned her. Kell, I like MW too.

Sherry

19. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

What you said is nothing like what Kell said.

Please point out the post where Kell said she didn't actually eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches and then, in the next sentence, said she liked them with mayonnaise.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

with all due respect Sherry, I made sense, and you.... well, you didn't. :mrgreen: