PB & Banana Sandwich -what's the RIGHT way?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Ive never had one of these so called sandwiches. Ive never even seen one sold at Jones's so if Jones's doesnt sell them, the i am not eating them.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Point taken. Guess this allergy medicine is kicking in. lol

Sherry

3. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Funny how Kell wrote almost what I did but you didn't question her. :mrgreen:

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth Sherry. I understood exactly what you said and meant! Must be a GL thing! LOL

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

LOL. No I have never seen banana's on the menu at Jones' and I am one of their 1958 customers.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you. I was beginning to think my allergy medicine was getting to me. lol I guess it is a GL thing because it made sense to me when I typed it earlier.

Whew,
    Sherry

7. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL, right,,

8. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

never put mayo ion mine it was pb , banana and sugar and mush alll together and spread

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I skip the bread and just put peanut butter on my banana!

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I cant stand to eat a banana. Love banana pudding, banana popsicles, banana shaved ice and so on but cant eat the thing itself. Its like a vile squishy slightly more texture than a oyster but not really. Maybe slightly firmer than your average loogie. Just gross.

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Growing up, my mom always put mayo on our peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I never really liked the mayo on it, so now I only put banana and peanut butter. I prefer the crunchy peanut butter. :)

12. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

I'm with Sherry A.

PB & Banana on bread, no mayo. ( on the RARE occasion I eat one of these, once or twice A YEAR, I actually like whole wheat bread and Crunchy Jif)

BANANA sandwich, got to have mayo! (on the RARE occasion I eat one of these, 2-4 times A YEAR, I actually like whole wheat bread and Hellman's Mayo, or maybe Kraft. Duke's would be 3rd choice. ABSOLUTELY NOT SALAD DRESSING!)

I grew up on banana sandwiches, PB&J, tomato sandwiches, and fried bologna sandwiches. ALL, except the PB&J, with mayo. Which is why I was a fat kid. And why, since I am now a health and fitness professional, I rarely eat any of them.

13. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I grew up on all of that too! And just mayo sandwiches (Dukes)...I was not a fat kid because my grandma would lock us outside all day in the summer, so we ran around a lot! We also had PE everyday in school, unlike kids today. I never eat any of that now (and I am a little chunky)! Gotta love it!

Oh, and salt and pepper and mayo on peanut butter and banana = :ack:

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I will have a P&B Banana Sandwich hold the bread, peanut butter, mayonnaise, salt & pepper

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

16. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

My breakfast most mornings!!! 8)

17. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I spread a very thin layer of PB on each piece of bread. I lay banana on one slice (cut lengthwise is better than slices, they don't fall out!), sometimes put a little jelly on the other slice, and slap it together. Yum! Love Jif, but the nutritionist had me to switch to Smart Balance. Not quite as good, but it'll do.

18. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Anyone ever had peanut butter and bacon? YUM!

19. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Naw,, maybe Sherry and Clif will try it out tomorrow and let us all know about it.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ron Swanson on Vegan Bacon