Cleveland Draft House to Open in Clayton!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, May 1, 2013.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

The Cleveland Draft House has submitted a site plan application to build an 11,000 square foot location in Clayton, NC. The new restaurant will be located at the US 70 and Shotwell Road intersection, behind the CVS Pharmacy. Along with the dining room, plans call for an outdoor patio, bar/lounge complete with fireplace and billiard tables.

The application to build will be reviewed by the Town of Clayton Planning Board in June.

2. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

mckinley's won't like this...

3. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Hope they are ready for the impact fees.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oh well! Maybe they'll go out of business.... wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

stay classy tassy

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Classy Tassy..... maybe thats my new nickname! Thanks :)

You just don't know how many things I typed and erased... this was the nicest I could muster given my uber-excitement at the news of CDH opening in Clayton.

I wish CDH of Clayton to be very successful, I think it will be a good location.

:cheers:

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Why the hate for McKinley's? I know it's nothing fancy, the bathrooms are gross and the food isnt anything to write home about, but for some reason it is our "go to" place. When we cant decide where to go we always end up there.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I think there's room in Clayton for both of them. Same as with The Clubhouse up in the Cleveland area. Doesn't have to be an either or situation..I think they will both do very well!

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

monkey im sure ive seen you in there

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

When we go, it's usually Friday nights for supper or Sunday afternoons for the wing special.

I think they changed cooks a few months ago. Something changed anyway because it seems like it has slipped a little, but we still go two or three times a month.

I heard the CDH rumors in that location two years ago. Was starting to think it wasn't going to happen. Glad to hear something new is opening. I just wish more business would open downtown instead of in the strip malls on 70.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

cook did change....and im in there on fridays when im there...

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

The Draft house at 42 is nothing but a pool hall with food. the service and food are mediocre as well. We haven't gone there in years. The Clubhouse has much better food and service and Terra Fin too. IMO

Clayton doesn't have anything like CDH, so it should do well.

13. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Service stinks always has and owner knows it and does nothing about it, as those two or three that provide that subpar service are still there.

14. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Service "stinks" because it's so crowded. It's crowded because people like it.

It's sort of like the old Yoggi Berra quote, "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

15. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You gotta know who to ask for as your server.

16. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

Hope its better than the one we have in Cleveland,,,,,

17. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

:iagree: We haven't gone there in years. McKinley's either. Looks like we will keep taking our $$ to Wake County.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Been more than a couple of months at least since Howard was there cooking. Not sure if they have had more turn over in the kitchen since then or not.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Or make sure that you don't **** one of them off some how.

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Service sucks, because the employees don't value the customers. Like someone else said, the same employees with holier-than-thou attitudes that have been there for years, are still there... and the owner doesn't care. Barbara is Barbara and I do miss her.

Howard was the asst mgr and chef, he left last summer. I've heard the new guy is named Lou and is from Applebees? Howard is working on opening his own restaurant in Clayton.

Clubhouse vs. CDH... it's all just frozen or pre-prepared food... TerraFin is the freshest food with local ingredients that you'll find in the area.

We haven't been to McKinleys in just over 2 years, I'd rather spend my money somewhere that appreciates it. Flipside has become our regular place now.