Crop Production Services

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bluewillow, May 3, 2013.

1. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Is there one closer than Wilson or Princeton? I'm looking for Trimac(?) weed killer for lawns and I was told they carry it. Does anyone know if there is a location closer to our 40/42 area? Thanks!

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Hudson's Hardware in Clayton has it. The Garner store might have it, too. I didn't call them. 8)

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Don't forget to check with Agri Supply or the

Tractor Supply Stores too.

4. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Thanks! Love Hudsons and Agri Supply! Hopefully this will kill the weeds and not the centipede!

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

for centipede you want Confront!! or use 2-4D at 1/2 to 2/3 rate. trimec is MCPP, 2-4d, and dicamba. I would not go that way. CPS also in Four Oaks. Go to McGees crossroads to Richard Jones, Jones Farm Supply. He'll fix you.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  6. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Agri Supply in Garner

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Agri Supply has it. Also, they carry a product called GlyStar that is the same thing as Roundup but MUCH cheaper.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

AND tractor supply has a generic *round up* also. Tried that last time and it worked OK, not great but OK, we had to do two different treatements to kill the grass & weeds around the house and around my veggie gardern, which will be a natural area (more plants, yeah me) :lol:

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Just got one of these to handle weeds and also the grass that grows up through our gravel driveway. Works great! (I think in the long run, the propane will cost a lot less than the RoundUp, which hasn't been very effective.) 8)

http://www.weeddragon.com/

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LOL!!! DH would LOVE that!!! :lol: :?

Theres some scrub coming up the path on the left side that DH wants to *burn* so that the trees have a better chance of growing (the amt of briars would eat you up in there / that's where the deer & rabbits hang out) 8) & then he wants to plant broom straw, which is VERY expensive. So the broom straw will have to wait and the burning of the scrub/briar patch is done. I need 20 MORE yards of much first tho. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ya'll need to come out to the house, I promise not to put you to work. :mrgreen: