Interskate closing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, May 21, 2013.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I heard they sold the building and will be closing at the end of the summer.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Bummer I wanted to take up roller skating again as a form of exercise.

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

You got until August to do it.

4. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Yep. About nine more weeks, I think? The church that meets there is trying to find a new venue and they have nine more Sundays, I believe. On that note, if anyone knows of a venue please post it or message me. Do you know if the new owner is going to keep it as a skating rink Kdog? I was only told that it had been sold.

5. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I heard a church bought it.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

In my younger days if I wasn't hanging out with my buddies at one friends house, we were either bowling or going to the roller skating rink. Still haven't mastered backward skating

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Back in the day

Back in the day when I was young going to the Skate Ranch wasn't about going skating.

8. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I assume their summer camp is still available until the end of summer? (I hope so because I paid for a week in June. :?)

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Which location?

10. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Lol,, long lost love hook up..

11. Ron Gammon

Ron Gammon New Member

Interskate

To Address the Interskate closing comment.

Interskate will be relocating to Garner on August 31st of this year.
    Everything will stay the same until August 31st with regular public skating, before and after school, summer camp and summer skating. The only thing that will change is Xtreme Sports is changing to CrossFit 4042 and will be moving all fitness programs except Zumba to the 4042 area behind Lowes with a Grand Opening on Saturday June 1st.

The Garner Interskate is located at 5300 Fayetteville Rd and will be opening around September 1st. It will offer more public skating hours, track out programs, camps, sports and birthday parties. The new Interskate will have a larger hardwood skate floor and will be first class. We Are excited for the new opportunity and look forward to having our Clayton customers come skating in Garner in September. We will be giving out Free Skate Passes during July and August to every skater at Interskate in Clayton to skate free in Garner during September and October.

We want to Thank everyone for their support the last 13 years.

The building has been sold to a church so there will be no skating at the Clayton location after August 31, 2013

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

OMG this is the best news I have received in a long time! I grew up at the Skate Ranch in Garner and have longed to skate on that floor for years. Yes, I am one of the "old" people who still skate!

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Actually, I did meet my husband at the Skate Ranch on Trawick Rd. in Raleigh many, many, many years ago.

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The one on 401 South. Trawick was a bit too far for my parents drive to drop us off.