another snow cone place?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by giapn73, May 22, 2013.

1. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what is replacing pelican's in clayton? Looks like another snow cone place

2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what I heard. Better hurry up. Summer's almost here. :lol:

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I wish them luck, but holy cow. How many different ice cream/snow cone/ Italian ice places have to fail before people realize it's a bad location? Pelicans has lines 10 people deep there all summer. If they didn't make it, I'm afraid a similar business will suffer the same fate.

4. dgsatman

Who said they failed??? :?

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Whether it's lease issues, profit/loss, sickness or whatever, none of those businesses are there any longer. Opening for a year or two then inexplicably closing is a pretty good indication that they weren't making it. I suppose they could have made so much money in the year or two they were open that they retired, but I doubt it.

I really hope it succeeds, we need such a place. But that location seems cursed.

6. dgsatman

Time will tell..... :)

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Yes sir - if you or someone you know is part of it then I hope even more that it makes it. You'll get all of our snowcone, icy treat business.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Y'all aren't talking about the snow cone place on CSR are you?

9. dgsatman

Don't know what CSR is, but we're talking about the one in Clayton, near Smithfield Bar-B-Q.

10. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

Cleveland School Road? That's Pelicans. The place we are referring to was the Pelicans in Clayton for the last couple of years.

11. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Which I was really sad that they are not there any more. We went there all the time.

12. dgsatman

Not Pelicans, but new sno cone place opening there soon.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks and i can't believe you didn't know what CSR was, i learned that one several years ago here on the board when others were using it and i had to ask too:lol:

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I have seen the long lines there and never understood it. I have never thought that crushed ice with sticky sweet syrup was anything special. It's just ice ...and syrup. I will take a soft ice cream or frozen yogurt over that any day!

15. dgsatman

New frozen yogurt place, where Pauper's Books used to be, to the right of McKinley's.

16. Luvgoose1

I can't wait! Been watching for them to open and hope they carry a good line of NF SF favors!

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

LOVE Pelicans and the one on Cleveland School Road is closer to me than Clayton. And we hit the one in Garner too from time to time. I am excited about Fro-Yo in Clayton!! Can't wait. I love frozen yogurt!

http://froyoyogurt.com/products.html

18. Luvgoose1

The owner of Froyo101 said they are just waiting for the final inspection to be done, then they can open. :hurray:

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray: