Eye Care Associates-White Oak

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cmdknw06, May 30, 2013.

1. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

DO NOT USE. Unless of course you want to be lied to and have to wait MONTHS to get a finalized rx for contacts. Seriously, horrible business practices. Every time I call, I get told a different lie. We have been trying to get a finalized rx for my sons contacts since April. I was told today it will be June 30 before the contacts they were supposed to have ordered 2 weeks ago come back. Funny, I was told 2 weeks ago it would be 2 weeks. I called yesterday, which apparently triggered them to remember to order them. So now, it's another 4-5 weeks. Why should it take contacts 7 weeks to be received.

Just an FYI to anyone who may need the service, this business is horrible. The only thing they can do consistently is lie to the customer.

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Though eye doctors are reluctant to give you the prescription on paper (because they make money if you order the contacts through them), they aren't allowed to withhold the prescription. Demand the prescription on paper and buy them online. You can have them within a few days.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Are the lenses being ordered trial lenses? In other words, a contact lens prescription is not finalized until the trial lenses have been evaluated after wearing them and determined to fit correctly and provide satisfactory vision. If they have been trying different lenses on your son, and the last ones were checked on him and found to be ok, then you can get the written prescription. But if the lenses they are ordering are yet another set to try, then there is no prescription to finalize. I can't explain the delays which seems to be the real issue. And no, I don't work for this office..I used to work in the field so am familiar with the process.

4. cmdknw06

This is the second pair of trial lenses...only problem is with the first one they "forgot" to order them for a week. With this pair, they "forgot" to order them for 2 weeks. I'm beyond ****ed that it will now take 7 weeks to get a trial pair of contacts.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Exactly! I use www.lens.com and have never had an issue, they are always in my hands within a week!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats ridiculous.... any eye doctor I've ever been to has a good supply of trial lenses. I've always walked out with a couple pairs, wear them for a few days and then report back. Is this particular office lacking in trial lenses because they don't have the funds available to keep a good variety in stock?

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Does your son have some sort of specialized prescription? Other than that? I got nothing.

8. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Eye Care Associates-White Oak? Is this group optometrists or opthalmologists? Big difference. I am looking for a good opthalmologist in the area.

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Optometrist. For an ophthalmologist, I've gone up to north raleigh a couple times to Raleigh Ophthalmologists ... http://www.raleighop.com
    Not sure if there's anyone closer. I believe there is an Opthalm. in Smithfield ... they seem to be few and far between. Optometrists seem to be everywhere!

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Dr. Dornick, offices in Smithfield and Cary, is a ophthalmologist and in my opinion very good.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

There is a good one on Spring Forest Rd just before the intersection of Falls Of Neuse... I can't think of their name though. We had a small emergency one time and they took us right in and saw me. Very thorough and very good.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

With out looking it up what is the difference?

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Having worked for both back in the day. An optometrist is more geared towards vision correction through glasses and contacts, they are not an MD. An opthamologist is a MD who specialized in eye diseases. They CAN prescribe glasses, etc, but that isn't their main focus. Optometrists and Opthamologists also differ in the types of meds they can prescribe.

14. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

15. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

I just recently started using America's Best. They have a new office on Glenwood Ave. My sister has used them for years & loves it. I have taken my kids to Oasis Eye on Technology Dr. They were VERY nice there.

16. cmdknw06

My son does have a high rx...but we were told it would be 2 weeks for the contacts to be made, since they are special order. The 2 weeks has now turned into almost 7. Mainly b/c after 2 weeks I called and they have forgot to order them. Of course, they lied and blamed it on the contact maker. They also forgot to order the first trial pair until I called.

17. JoCOminitrucker

JoCOminitrucker Well-Known Member

Order them from Canada at www.Globallens.com No prescription necessary and arrive in a week and a half. Thats what I do, My prescription hasn't changed in a long time though.

18. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

No prescriptions necessary? Really.. how does that work?

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hope you are at least getting regular eye care, because there is no way in HADES I'd trust my eyeballs to some interenet company that doesn't even require an RX. :shock:

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:iagree: And good luck knowing what to even order..since they are trial lenses the provider does not have to give you the prescription and instead of those trials being free, you will end up paying for something that may not even work! And I don't think you can order singular trial lenses yourself-if they are disposable contacts there are multiple lenses per box so you are out the money for at least two boxes that you may never use.