Great donuts??!?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sheebee82, May 31, 2013.

1. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

I was hoping that someone could send me in the right direction. I am looking for great fresh donuts (not Krispy Kreme). Any suggestions???

Thanks!!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I like the maple donuts at the Lowes foods on the corner of 42 & 50

3. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Dunkin Donuts has a good selection in their stores; Wilco Hess carries these donuts, but not so many flavors available in their convenience stores.

4. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

Donuts - if you are willing to travel

Britts Donuts on the Carolina Beach are outstanding!!!!!

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Sherry's Bakery in Dunn makes fresh donuts...I've had the donut holes and the Long Johns (yum! :drool:).

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wife and I had this discussion on the way to work this morning and while I buy Dunkin for the office every Friday, there is still nothing better than a Krispy Kreme when the HOT sign is on.

[​IMG]

7. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Mom and pop

So, while I do love some KK... I end up inhaling them too fast. I grew up with a few local donut shops, and that is really what I am hoping to find here! Thanks for the suggestions so far! Keep em coming! I'm sure that there are lots if people out there in search of a great donut too!

8. Buc

Buc Well-Known Member

Sherry's Bakery in Dunn!!!

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree, Craig. That picture makes me hungry.

Sherry

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Sherry's in Dunn!

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Sherry's would be closer, but if you ever get to Durham check out Monuts Donuts at 110 E. Parrish St. they are awesome. Someone mentioned that there is a great bakery in Benson, but I can't remember the name.

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think the Clayton Bakery & Cafe make their own donuts, you could call and ask.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Tassy, Those were the people who bought the coffee shop behind Smithfields BBQ and turned it into a bakery then closed it when they opened the place up on 70

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am not. :mrgreen:

Sherry

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes, they are. They are up 70 near where the LOL Comedy Club used to be, just before Grifols (old Bayer plant).

16. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Thanks!!

Woohoo!! Thanks everyone! Sunday is my diet cheat day... Thinking some donuts will be on the menu next week :)

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Daylight Donuts are very good. 1 on S Main in Wake Forest, 1 on Maynard in Cary

18. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Yummy!

I hit up Daylight Donuts this morning. Sweet tooth satisfied! Thank you 4042ers!

19. REXAMUS

REXAMUS Member

+1 for Daylight Donuts. There is a convenient store I go to that gets donuts from them and they are DELICIOUS!

20. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I tried the Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich last week. It was actually kind of good. I went to the Dunkin Donuts in Fuquay. They were sooo slow. It took 20 min. to get it. The lady behind me walked out.