Frosted Mini-Wheats Class Action Suit

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Palisade, May 30, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Your problem is following people around a forum. If corporate America doesn't need proof of purchase and is willing to give out a certain amount of money to individuals who fill out a form then no wonder they are in the shape they are in. I know that may be hard for you to understand. Move along peckerwood.

Sherry

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

What the heck do you mean "following people around"? I haven't posted a response to you in a week now. Or is this your permanent defense, when people post something you disagree with you accuse them of following you around?

You seem to have this paranoia against corporations. Do you really, truly believe there are corporate people who whisper between themselves, "Let's see just how badly we can screw our customers"?

While there may be the rare criminal in grey flannel suit, most corporate execs understand that happy customers earn them the profits they are working toward. In the case of Kellogg's, odds are some mid-level manager made a stupid decision and they were called on it. Maybe another stupid mistake in not limiting the rebates to one per household. Problem with humans is, as smart as we are, sometimes we just don't think things through.

But there isn't some big corporate conspiracy to rip you off. Corporations make their money by providing products and services people want and need. If they are caught trying to screw their customers, they won't be in business very long (and will probably face criminal charges) and there is always their competitors waiting in the wings to provide where the others won't.

3. Sherry A.

You are back to following me today....or can you not remember that far back?

Anyhow, my opinion, being a corporate accountant is that any corporation who gives out refunds based on someone filing out a form and not providing proof of purchase is what is causing Americans to lose jobs. Checks and balances is what it is all about. Sounds like this corporation just wants to put an end to the settlement no matter how it is done. I don't like that. I don't think corporations are whispering because I don't think corporations are people, unlike Romney.

Sherry

4. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

The thread was started by me, it seems you're following me around. Stop posting in threads started by me and you probably won't hear from me again.

People don't generally keep their grocery receipts for three or four years, so any one who wanted a refund would be out of luck (and people like you would be outraged that the big bad corporations demand proof).

The settlement is done. The court has ruled and it was deemed (through sales records) how many boxes were sold and, so, how much Kellogg's had to refund. One believes that people are, for the most part, honest and won't request a refund if they know they never bought Frosted Mini-Wheats in the allotted time frame.

And, no, corporation aren't people, but they are run by people. They aren't mindless faceless entities out to destroy you and the American way of life. They *are* the American way of life.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

But to be fair... how many people would you really expect to have grocery receipts from 4 years ago? So they are left with ... all, or none. None not being an option since they are being sued.

6. Sherry A.

I understand, Tassy, but anyone can fill out the form. Seems like the judge could have come up with something better. Oh well, so is the world today.

Sherry

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What else could they do?

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

For the love of Christmas. What a stupid lawsuit. We buy that cereal all the time simply because DS LIKES it. If you are dumb enough to think that your kid will be "smarter" for eating it...................well................you are gullible and your kid probably does need a leg up.

That said, I won't request a refund. It was cereal, it filled his stomach and that's why I bought it. Lawsuit. THAT's what's wrong with this country.

9. Sherry A.

You go girl!!!

Sherry