Needed ASAP: short-term rental!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, May 26, 2013.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I have searched the classifieds here and on Craigslist, and am waiting to hear back from a few. But in the meantime, does anyone know of any rentals in the Cleveland area that would take a short term lease? We only need it 3-5 months while our house is being built. We will be ready to move in b mid-June. It needs to be in Cleveland area for schools - Clayton, Willow Springs, etc won't work. Thanks!!

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

BUMPIN' UP!

3. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

I don't have any idea what lease terms they would be willing to accept, but there are 2 lovely homes on Great Oak Drive in Twisted Oaks off Josephine Road that are for rent currently. All Cleveland schools. Good luck.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Have you tried that rental management office across from the Clayton City Hall?

They rent homes throughout Johnston County, they are now handling our home. I know they can be somewhat flexible with the homeowners and renters, as we were with our renters.

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

If you mean Fox Rentals, they won't do anything shorter than 12 months. I'm no aware of any other companies, but I never go into Clayton either to know for sure. I will check out the ones on Josephine, thanks. Time is ticking, only 24 more days!

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There is also a house for rent on Smith Rd.,between 210 and Polenta Rd. but I don't know if they would do short term.

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Thanks Annette, but I think that's a little out of the way for us. My problem is being able to get all my kids to school if I'm not in the area/district. And we also don't want to be far from where we're building (my husband's company keeps him busy, so we need to be fairly close), plus a couple other issues. But I do appreciate it, keep the ideas coming!

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Seems to me that I saw a sign in the area of Lee Road & Ranch Road for a house for rent. Residential Rentals in Clayton has the rental (that's the company that Hugh was referring to, I believe).

I thought the sign was on the corner of Lee & Majestic (just opposite Ranch), but I don't see anything listed on the website (maybe they just haven't posted it. There's one available in the next subdivision on their website - http://public.rpl.herorentals.com/RPL/detail/display.mvc?prid=NC010121 - says 12 month lease, but maybe they'd be flexible.

9. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Don't know any, just a suggestion...

Since it's such a short rental, you might want to focus on "corporate" rentals. These are leases meant for out of area workers who come in to work for local companies for a few months.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

school will be out at the end of the week, so that should help.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No it is not Fox, it is Residential Rentals that is across from the town hall. It is worth a shot.

12. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

There's a house for rent in Hunting Ridge Subdivision (Raleigh Road) on Hunting Lodge Road. I saw the sign but can't remember what company has it. Good luck!

13. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I'm actually referring to next school year, we need the rental until October or November.

I sidn't know about the other rental company, will check into that, thanks! And how would I find out about corporate housing? Is there any in this area?

14. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Try http://www.corporatehousing.com/default.asp

You can also Google it (corporate housing) for the area you'd like.