Eye Care Associates-White Oak

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cmdknw06, May 30, 2013.

1. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

For my lens, they were $10 cheaper from 1800contacts and www.coastal.com was even cheaper. From Canada doesn't necessarily equate to cheaper (shop around), plus I don't know how they are regulated.

2. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

So I was told last Thursday that they would be in June 30...was called Tuesday of this week and said oh, they're in. But....no appointments until next Tuesday. So hopefully the rx will be finalized and we will have a rx next week sometime.

I will NOT order anything from the Eye Care Associates...EVER. We will also be switching eye dr's for my son after this whole fiasco.

3. cmdknw06

Another new update. After being told that the trial lenses were part of the contact fitting, and then being charged WAY over the price I was quoted for the contact fitting, I was told today (one week after the last appt) that the trial lenses needed to be returned to them.

Unless we order from them (at $70+ compared to other places) we have to return the lenses so that they can get THEIR money back. Maybe they caught me at a bad time, but I quickly informed them that at NO TIME had they tried to do anything for us in a timely manner, so me returning the trials that aren't really trials, was not my top concern. We have yet to order new ones for my son b/c we were told that the trials come with the fitting. His trials are 3 month, so we thought we had a few weeks before we HAD to order.

I cannot stress enough how much of a CLUSTER this place is.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thats crazy! I've never had to return trial lenses for my kids, unless they didn't work out for them. Why would they want them back - I mean, they don't reuse them do they??? :confused:

5. cmdknw06

They want them back b/c we're not ordering from them. Since they are "custom" lenses, they're going to return them and get their money back....he could keep them, if we ordered from them. The year supply thru them is $455, I found it online for $375.

I did tell them that since they hadn't worked with us in a timely manner, me working with them in a timely manner wasn't my top concern...she didn't quite know what to say.

6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

LOL,,

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

My DD goes to Dr Black, over by Curves. They've had to order her special ones too, and when we decided they were ok, they gave her the pres - I just simply told them I would like to shop around first, and they never gave us a hard time or insisted that we return them....

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

9. cmdknw06

I decided after the first mistake on THEIR part that we were finding a new dr. I DO NOT believe that I'm being too hard on them in any way, shape or form. I pay for a service, I expect what is explained to me is included in the service.