CNA

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by Rockyv58, May 20, 2013.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any connections at JMH or at Wake Med to help a guy get a CNA job there. I have had two interviews at JMH but then I never hear back from them and they do not return phone calls. As far as Wake Med all I get is the obligatory email of thanks but we are going in a different direction. And I have been told they are both hiring.

Thanks for reading

2. Rockyv58

I just put in for a Nurse Aide I/Clin Secretary - supp - 7p-7a at wake med Garner. Wish me luck.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you!!! Good luck!!

:cheers:

4. Rockyv58

Thanks.

And if anyone knows someone who works at Wake Med that could help me at least get an interview I would truly appreciate it.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:hurray: Good Luck!!!

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Good Luck to you,hope you get it!!

7. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Have you tried Rex?

8. Rockyv58

Many times. and also wake med. All I get from both are the conciliatory thanks for applying but we are going in a different direction. Quite dis heartening hearing that for 18 months

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I don't know if you'd consider Lillington or not, but I heard something on the radio this morning about a job fair for nurses at Central Harnett Hospital. I didn't catch the whole thing, so I don't know if they're looking for CNAs or not.

10. Rockyv58

Thanks.
    A few weeks ago there was a job fair over at JCC and Harnett health was there. I gave them my resume but just to make sure I went online and filled out a few job postings for CNA's.

Make in March I had an interview over at JMH. Got the interview via a class mate from school. I finally got a hold of the woman (after months of leaving vm's for her) only to find out that the CNA positions were put on hold till fall. That does me no freaking good.

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Probably because UNC is buying out JMH and there will be a number of changes made. I would concentrate on Rex as when I was there recently it seemed they have a lot of them on the ortho ward since the nursing staff ratios are lower these days. Good luck and keep being persistent with these places!

12. Rockyv58

I have put in for a few jobs over at Rex but I either hear nothing back or I get:
    =================================
    Dear Applicant:
    Thank you for your interest in open positions at Rex Healthcare. We regret to inform you that you have not been selected for one of the positions to which you have applied. For details, please review the status of each application submitted by visiting https://Rex.igreentree.com/CSS_Internal/CSSPage_Welcome.ASP. Thank you for considering Rex as an employer. If your qualifications and experience are a match with open positions in the future, we welcome your application.
    Thank you.
    Rex Healthcare Human Resources
    ===========================

If you are anybody knows somebody I can contact at Rex it would be much appreciated. I guess it's the same in allied health as it is in computers and everywhere else. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

The only way I got interviews at JMH was I knew someone who worked there who gave me peoples names and numbers to contact.

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Many of the employees that are hourly are what they refer to as Point 9, employees, meaning they are scheduled/paid .9 of full time, so an 80 hour employee would actually have 72 hours per pay period of two weeks, and one day unscheduled.

Given the merger of JMH and the new folks, I wouldn't hold out much hope for any changes before the new fiscal year, October 1. Based on what I heard at the hospital, full time 80 hour employee positions are few and far between..and that may not change even post merger.

Given that the drive time into Raleigh is almost about the time for Wayne County, have you considered looking eastward?

14. Rockyv58

I use to work in Goldsboro for close to two years. Ate up a lot of gas and put lots of unnecessary miles on my vehicle.
    Also if I had made it to Nuclear medicine clinicals it would of been at Wayne Memorial.
    You have to understand being a CNA they pay you close to minimum wage and I can not afford the gas to drive to Wayne Memorial and also pay bills on what I would make as a CNA. I did put in to Harnett Health when they were at the job fair.

I am going tomorrow morning for orientation for a posibility of taking phebotomy at JCC.

I can not return to computers cause my skills are so shot.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there are plenty of job placement agencies that fill accounting positions only. I have several friends who have the job they are in right now, because of an agency.

16. Rockyv58

I am actually going through one now, or at least starting to. They need a lot of the forms like TB, hep b, cpr card, etc.

Their next orientation isn't till August, Though I need work today. Just found what I hope is all the paperwork they need and I am going to go and make copies of it and send it off to them.

I did get an email from Wake med last Monday and it wanted to know if I could come in for an interview last week between the hours of 7a - 7p.
    I called the woman back on Monday, emailed her on Tuesday, called her on Wednesday & Thursday, emailed her on Saturday, called her yesterday and today, and even emailed her today. And yet she has not returned any of my voice mails or emails.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

no one I know has had to give any health records to an employment agency....

:confused:

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm sure a company that places medical employees has alot more requirements to check and verify than a temp agency that places receptionists. They can't send someone into a medical position that isn't properly certified or licensed, employers rely on the temp agencies to do all the legwork on people they are recommending for positions.

19. Rockyv58

Checklist

Of course two forms of ID
    CPR card
    A health physical, statement of good health, or health clearance

record of immunization:varicella, mmr, TDap, Hep B series

negative TB skin test

20. Rockyv58

When I came back home this evening I had an email from one of the supervisor at Wake med to find out when I can do an orientation. Wish me luck that I get the orientation. Though it is only for part time weekends at Wake med but I figure it is a foot in the door at wake med. And I will go from working 16 hours at the nursing home to 24 hours at Wake med. If I get in maybe I can pick up a third day.