Does anyone know what is being built?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mylittle_man, Jun 24, 2013.

1. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

I have noticed the lot being cleared at Cleveland School and Shiloh next to the Storage Unit place. Does anyone know what is going there?

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

a 3 flags park

3. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Dollywood

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know years ago the guy who manages the storage facility said that they were going to build a Rite Aid there, not sure if that is still true

5. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Rite Aid scrapped the plans for that site in favor of another. I still have the original RA site plan somewhere around here. But anyway, from what I have been told, there is a building going up, half of which will be a thrift store and the other half will be rental space.

6. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

To continue...

What's being built next to Johnston Memorial Clayton Hospital? Saw silt fence up today

7. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

A church....

8. sirputz

Cool, know any info about it?

9. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Um, its not a church.

Its a business park going in, similar to the one on the other side of the hospital.

Places like support type businesses that are associated with a hospital. More doctor offices etc...

10. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Another one!

I think *this* thread should be a sticky!

Does anyone have information on the land that's being cleared at the end of Technology Drive (visible from I-40)?

11. Grinder

Its being cleared for development, thats all.

12. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Clearing the land with no particular plan in mind? Is that normal? I would have thought that by the time tractors hit the mud, they had an idea of what they were building.

13. Grinder

There is a plan in mind but nothing has committed to the area. Meaning they are hoping this and that might come in, but this and that have not committed. Its more of a...lets clean this place up a little so whomever is thinking about coming in to this area can see what they are getting.

14. sirputz

Yeah, that'd be an awfully big church....Though I wouldn't mind a new one to attend.... Be able to grow with it and not feel like I'm being interviewed when I walk thru the doors for the first time!

15. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

I was joking... It seems every time you turn around another church is being built...

16. sirputz

What's being built up by 40/42 Walmart? By the Lowe's and going back by the hotels. And if someone indcates it is an Amusement Park, They're required to buy me a season pass for life.

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Home depot!! Yay!

18. tbaldwin

tbaldwin New Member

Really? i was hoping for cabella's or an olive garden tired of going to cary or raleigh

19. sirputz

Mechelle, is this confirmed???? That would be AWESOME! I need a part time job! And the discount!

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The guy at the phone store back behind Lowe's told my daughter last weekend. I hope it is true too.